Sign in with
Your question

Does this Gaming/Video Editing Build Look Good?

Last response: in Systems
December 20, 2012 1:49:59 AM

Ok so I'm planning on building a gaming/video editing PC. I will be playing games like Minecraft, TF2, BF3, and sometimes record. I'll even run a 24/7 Minecraft server, and sometimes a private server for gameplay videos such as adventure maps with my friends. I would also like to render videos, edit videos, and convert videos. That's pretty much all I'm planning on doing, however, I'm not planning on doing ALL those at once, so there are only gonna be selective applications running. But say I'm doing all of the above, most games on max except BF3 on ultra, will my PC be able to handle it?
Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k (Please don't suggest getting an i7, since my costs are already very high)
GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 Hawk Edition 2GB DDR5
Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
SATA Cable: OKGEAR 24'' SATA III Black Cable (Since my motherboard only comes with 2 sata cables, and I need 3)
RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB Black Mamba 1600Mhz
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 (600 Watts)
DVD/Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE 22x Sata Drive
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

So, to conclude this, would you think this computer can handle all the above I will throw at it?
December 20, 2012 2:14:16 AM

yes. with that graphics card you are fine. i would suggest getting a cpu cooler as well unless you are ok with the stock cpu cooler...
December 20, 2012 2:15:40 AM

Yes it will handle all of this, but to get video render quickly and so also video conversion you'll need to step up for a Core i7 3770K, ram is superb for what you need and HD 7870 can max out BF3 on Ultra.

Get a Modular PSU for better Cable Management.
Related resources
December 20, 2012 2:40:17 AM

ilysaml said:
Yes it will handle all of this, but to get video render quickly and so also video conversion you'll need to step up for a Core i7 3770K, ram is superb for what you need and HD 7870 can max out BF3 on Ultra.

Get a Modular PSU for better Cable Management.

Thanks I may upgrade to an i7 in the future, but not right now since my prices are pretty high and going any higher will kill me. But I don't understand, how can my GPU max out BF3 on ultra? And finally, I would have gone with a modular PSU if they weren't so darn expensive, I believe my case has good cable management so I'll just route the used cables through the holes, and bundle up the rest of the cables near the PSU
December 20, 2012 2:42:02 AM

p3rsianator said:
yes. with that graphics card you are fine. i would suggest getting a cpu cooler as well unless you are ok with the stock cpu cooler...

Yes I will get an aftermarket CPU cooler once I decide on overclocking. I will probably get a Corsair H100, and in case there are compatibility issues with the case and the radiator, I'll go with the H80. But not just yet
December 20, 2012 2:54:15 AM

Solid_Snake3 said:
Thanks I may upgrade to an i7 in the future, but not right now since my prices are pretty high and going any higher will kill me. But I don't understand, how can my GPU max out BF3 on ultra? And finally, I would have gone with a modular PSU if they weren't so darn expensive, I believe my case has good cable management so I'll just route the used cables through the holes, and bundle up the rest of the cables near the PSU

Means your GPU will run the game at 1080P @ ultra settings with the highest possible FPS.
Just $20 more can get you the Silencer MK III modular 600W.
December 20, 2012 3:11:57 AM

ilysaml said:
Means your GPU will run the game at 1080P @ ultra settings with the highest possible FPS.
Just $20 more can get you the Silencer MK III modular 600W.

Meh I'll think about it
December 20, 2012 10:18:08 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!