Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good Build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 20, 2012 2:02:17 PM

Hello everyone. I know it is almost Christmas, but I was hoping to get some feed back on my new build. I want to know if you guys think this is a good build, could i save money anywhere, and is there something better for the same price. I am going for a red and black color scheme.

CPU- Intel i5 3570k
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SZ0E1K/ref=ox_sc_a...

GPU-Gigabyte GTX 680 OC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZUDOKG/ref=ox_sc_a...

MoBo- Asus P8Z77-V Pro
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007G51UV0/ref=ox_sc_a...

HDD- Western Digital green 2TB
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VFJ9MK/ref=ox_sc_a...

PSU-Corsair Enthusiast TX750w
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MYFODI/ref=ox_sc_a...

RAM-Corsair Vengeance red 16GB
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008E3M4QS/ref=ox_sc_a...

SSD-Samsung 840 128GB
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NHAF06/ref=ox_sc_a...

Monitor-Asus VS238H-P 23 inch
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BZNEVQ/ref=ox_sc_a...

Keyboard-Logitech G110
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RRLQIO/ref=ox_sc_a...

Chassis-Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZUZD2K/ref=ox_sc_a...

Disc Drive-Asus 24xDVD-RW
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033Z2BAQ/ref=ox_sc_a...

Mouse-Razer Deathadder
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q4U5DK/ref=ox_sc_a...

OS-Windows 7
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q0PT3I/ref=ox_sc_a...

Speakers-Logitech Z506
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAK1FA/ref=ox_sc_a...

CPU Cooler- Corsair H80
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Performance-Liquid...

Let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

-Shawn

More about : good build

a b B Homebuilt system
December 20, 2012 2:03:36 PM

Hey, please fill out those questions, otherwise it's gonna take too long asking you those question one by one. Post answers here. After you do that we will be able to help you faster, without having to be guessing in the dark. Thanks
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/353572-13-build-upg...
December 20, 2012 2:21:03 PM

I don't think the Samsung 840 SSD is a bad choice, but the 830 is a better performer, as is the OCZ Vertex 3. If you can get your hands on an 840 Pro, then that will give you the best SSD performance.

Your PSU is overkill, unless you plan on running two video cards in the future.
Related resources
December 20, 2012 4:37:59 PM

djosbun said:
I don't think the Samsung 840 SSD is a bad choice, but the 830 is a better performer, as is the OCZ Vertex 3. If you can get your hands on an 840 Pro, then that will give you the best SSD performance.

Your PSU is overkill, unless you plan on running two video cards in the future.


Okay cool. And yes I do plan to run dual cards in about 6 months
December 20, 2012 4:41:15 PM

butremor said:
Hey, please fill out those questions, otherwise it's gonna take too long asking you those question one by one. Post answers here. After you do that we will be able to help you faster, without having to be guessing in the dark. Thanks
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/353572-13-build-upg...


I already answered most of the questions, but I will fill in the blanks.

Purchase date-This week or whenever the parts are available.

Budget-Around $2000

System use-Gaming

Preferred Websites-Amazon, Newegg

Location-Warwick, RI

Overclocking-Yes

SLI-Yes
a b B Homebuilt system
December 20, 2012 8:06:18 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($131.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($374.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($374.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($144.49 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1567.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-20 17:06 EST-0500)
December 20, 2012 8:23:48 PM

No reason to choose NV now with AMD single GPU cards ruling the land and from what I see 670 FTW is a faster card and 60 dollars cheaper.


ALSO NOTE a cooler master evo is a great cooler but it has no business in a high end build
December 20, 2012 9:17:02 PM

Use this site: www.newegg.com

Unless you don't like the size, get a 27" with 2560x1440. More eye candy.
December 20, 2012 9:27:07 PM

+1 for the GTX670. It's only ~6% behind the GTX680 (you wouldn't be able to see the difference) but a fair bit cheaper. It's really the only high-end card that I'd say can justify its cost. 7970 and GTX680 are overpriced for what they deliver.
December 20, 2012 9:43:15 PM

butremor said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($131.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($374.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($374.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($144.49 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1567.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-20 17:06 EST-0500)


yea i like this. there is no need to spend $190 on a mb when the extreme4 will fit your needs. you could go cheaper on the psu. i would also on get 1 670 first to see if you actually need 2 in sli.
December 20, 2012 9:46:41 PM

jonjonjon said:
yea i like this. there is no need to spend $190 on a mb when the extreme4 will fit your needs. you could go cheaper on the psu. i would also on get 1 670 first to see if you actually need 2 in sli.


+1 to this. It'll also be cheaper if you grab the second GTX670 a year down the line.
!