Xigmatek 400W
i5-3570
Asus P8H61-M
8GB Kingston 1333MHz RAM
ATI 7770 1GB
1GB Sata III HDD
Gangster Bos02A Black ATX
Windows 7, of course.

Total of £600. I want a good PC that will last me a while and also enables me to play the newest PC games. I'm going to play the majority of my games on my Playstation 3, I just want a good PC which will be able to run strategy games, Day Z, and other PC exclusives.

get a better power supply as Xigmatek power supplies are crap and they dont last long. you need a psu in 450-500w range

other than that it looks good, you forgot to add an optical drive

patrykpatrick

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

I've got one just didn't include it :p

patrykpatrick

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Will a Xilence 580W be good?

I've not heard of that brand...get a power supply made by a big manufacturer as they offer better quality/warranty such as Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec, Cooler Master, XFX, Silverstone

That is an older mobo that requires a newer BIOS to work with a 3570. I'd make the site or store you're buying from verify it's at least version 4201 or you won't be able to boot it (unless you have an old sandy bridge CPU laying around as a temporary fix).

Looks like there is USB stick BIOS upgrade option but would think you'd still at least need an already-supported cpu in there to get that far. Hopefully someone with more experience will weigh in.