Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Desktop: Random freezing

Last response: in Systems
December 20, 2012 4:20:45 PM

I have home built computer that started to randomly freeze and then blue screen. When it restarts after a blue screen it then freezes on the gigabyte graphics and after about 30 seconds the top of the screen starts to artifact. I have tried everything that I can think of to solve this issue. I have tested ram, graphics card, hard drives, and about everything else except motherboard or processor. It also happened last thursday, but I though I fix it because it had been running since then. I have also tried booting a live cd and during the installation it will freeze at various points. I also tried to reinstall windows and it froze during that as well. Any help would be suggested. Narrow down if it is the motherboard or the processor.

My system has a
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
Processor: I5-2500 sandy bridge
Graphics card: XFX Radeon 6750
Power supply: ocz modular 700w

Anonymous
December 20, 2012 5:30:14 PM

did you check your system temps? if its over heating that would cause it to crash. check that with hardware monitor, if thats the case then you will need new thermal paste. a lot of times gigabyte motherboards auto OC by them selves so try setting your bios to default
m
l
December 20, 2012 6:06:59 PM

yeah, the system was running at about 38 degrees of C. I even tried loading the defaults on the motherboard nothing didn't help.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
December 20, 2012 6:10:13 PM

processors are never at fault so you might have a defective motherboard. have you tried flashing the bios?
m
l
December 20, 2012 6:43:00 PM

Just tried and get artifacts when I try to run qflash.

here the characters that appear this leads me to believe my motherboard after this discovery.
m
l

Best solution

Anonymous
December 20, 2012 7:00:26 PM

i think your motherboard is shot
January 15, 2013 4:02:23 AM

Best answer selected by aceooaceoo.
m
l
!