Build advice for Argentine gaming PC

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hi all,

I'm helping my brother build a system. Will be primarily used for gaming at 1080p and other light web surfing and lesser games.

Approximate Purchase Date: This Week

Budget Range: I'd estimate it at more or less 400$S for the pc and 200U$S for the monitor. Since prices here in Argentina are about twice what you can find in the US and my real budget is +-800U$S.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming - web browsing - other media usage

Are you buying a monitor:
Yes, I need a full hd monitor

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, RAM, HDD, MOBO, PSU, CASE.

Do you need to buy OS: No. We own 32bit W7.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any, but consider I'm from Argentina and prices here are about 2x the price in the US for the same component. (That's why my budget is 400U$S)

I will be buying from www.nuevas-tecnologias.com.ar if anyone knows spanish.

Parts Preferences: I've read all the benches, and feel an Intel CPU will suit my needs. Also bear in mind that vishera is not available in my Country yet.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 desired

Additional Comments: I already own a HIS 7850 2gb a relative brought from the US. So I really only need some advice building a balanced PC around that GPU. And some EXTRA advice on how to install it!!!! (it's very big and I ond't want to install it in a way that will exhaust heat inappropriately!)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: current rig is FUBAR - 5 year old components.

My personal choices so far: an i5-3450 for the CPU
A 600w PSU, is it enough?
Considered an ASUS P8H77-M S1155. Is this ok?

Any and all opinions will be highly appreciated!!

Thank you all.

Cheers!
Fedelm