Power line adapters + Network Switch?

Willasap43

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi, i was wondering if it was possible to plug a power line adapter into a switch?

Here is what i want to do. Wall, Line, NetComm Wireless modem router, ethernet cable, WD Live Wire, ethernet cable, TP-LINK 8-PORT 10/100/1000 SWITCH to other things like PC, PS3, XBox, Printer.

Thanks.

What kind of speed's will i get?
Will i be able to play games with friends over LAN?
What is 10/100/1000 ?

Solution
i was wondering if it was possible to plug a power line adapter into a switch?

yes

if you are talking about the powerline adapter, it really depends on the building's wiring. I had 100Mb adapter provide about 20Mb. I would get a 500Mb adapter and hope you get 100Mb.

you should be able to

What is 10/100/1000 ?

it is the network speed a device can connect with. the connection speed is determent by the slowest device. if you have two computers and a switch and they all are 10/100/1000 capable, the computers can transfer date between each other that Gigabit (1000Mb) speed. if one of the three devices is on ly 10/100...
i was wondering if it was possible to plug a power line adapter into a switch?

yes

if you are talking about the powerline adapter, it really depends on the building's wiring. I had 100Mb adapter provide about 20Mb. I would get a 500Mb adapter and hope you get 100Mb.

you should be able to

What is 10/100/1000 ?

it is the network speed a device can connect with. the connection speed is determent by the slowest device. if you have two computers and a switch and they all are 10/100/1000 capable, the computers can transfer date between each other that Gigabit (1000Mb) speed. if one of the three devices is on ly 10/100, the fastest transfer speed will be 100Mb

Solution

TRENDING THREADS