Your question

Www.aria.co.uk

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Amazon
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 20, 2012 6:08:43 PM

Hello everybody, is aria.co.uk a good website to order from or is it better to stick to sites like amazon or scan?
I am asking this because Aria uses City Link as their delivery courier which has a very very bad reputation, has anybody had any experiences with them recently?

More about : www aria

December 20, 2012 6:19:48 PM

I couldn't say about that courier, but Aria themselves are awesome. I got most of my components for my current setup from them and had no problems at all. They even threw a free USB stick in the box :-)
December 20, 2012 6:53:47 PM

I don't understand, do Aria themselves deliver the items or do they dispatch them for City Link to deliver? i cancelled my order because i found that City Link has lots of bad reviews... did i make the right choice?
December 20, 2012 7:44:13 PM

I don't know about the courier (I should make a note of which ones are bad) but Aria themselves have never disappointed. I'd stick with your order. Other options are scan.co.uk, dabs.com, ebuyer.com and novatech.co.uk. Aria really are worth a go though - some awesome deals on CPUs, IPS TFTs etc.
December 20, 2012 7:48:05 PM

Aria are great, if you're in the Manchester area they have a retail shop there.

Not sure about the courier, Aria are good though.
December 20, 2012 8:05:19 PM

Hehe yeah I don't think most of us notice who delivers it. We see the shiny new SSD and it's 'oooooh! gimme! begone'.
December 20, 2012 8:08:04 PM

I cancelled the order because the courier that Aria uses has a large amount of bad reviews, thanks for the answers though, i kinda regret canelling the order now, but what can i do :/  i can't un-cancel the order can i :( 
If anyone knows how to un-cancel an order tell me please xD
December 20, 2012 8:15:06 PM

Haha just put the stuff back in the basket mate and go to checkout :-)
December 20, 2012 8:21:52 PM

But my card only just had enough money for the initial purchase from 5 hours ago, will they have taken the money out of my card already? And even if they havn't if i checkout again i might go over my credit limit? Should i wait until they refund my money and then purchase again? BTW have you had any recent experiences with Aria? They seem to have mixed reviews, mostly good but their courier has very bad reviews like bad customer services.. Is aria just as good as scan and amazon?

Sorry its such a long paragraph i just want to make sure before i purchase because i can't afford to make any mistakes :( 
December 20, 2012 8:25:13 PM

Don't worry about it, good to be cautious when you're spending a load of money :-) I've actually purchased no hardware since 2010 (which was the load I got from Aria) so it's not exactly recent experience, though not ancient either. Just out of curiosity, what are you buying?
December 20, 2012 8:31:19 PM

I am purchasing an i5-3570K, the SuperSpecial VTX3D Black 7870 Tahiti LE (Main reason i want to buy from aria as it is aria exclusive), Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB HDD, and a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H which comes to a total of 468.90 btw have you had any problems with aria in the past? I may just buy from scan and amazon just to be safe because i have purchased from them before but i really really want that VTX3D Black 7870....

EDIT: Im going to bed now so i won't be able to reply until i wake up thanks for answers :D 
December 20, 2012 8:35:27 PM

For customer service, no-questions returns etc, ebuyer are the best online hardware retailer I've ever dealt with. Really excellent company and my absolutely number 1 choice. Scan would also be right up there, and Novatech and Dabs really good also. What's different about this particular Radeon?
December 20, 2012 9:00:03 PM

Aria are actually my preferred store, don't worry about it they're good.
December 21, 2012 5:51:32 AM

The VTX3D Black 7870 Tahiti LE is a 7870 but it has a stripped down Tahiti core which is the core that the 7950 and 7970 uses, it is onpar, or slightly better than a stock 7950 at the price of 185 pounds, which is the price of a normal 7870.... now that is amazing! That's why i want to purchase from aria, what order do you think all the UK e-tailers go? Thanks for replies btw i appreciate it :D 
December 21, 2012 8:56:31 AM

Pleasure :-) And that's pretty cool - didn't realise that even existed! Did you get your order sorted out?
December 21, 2012 5:12:40 PM

Well i sent a query to cancel the order but they dispatched the order without noticing the query so they have sent it out already, it should arrive soon i just hope that the delivery doesn't mess up because i am really bad at cleaning up mess xD yea the card is awesome because it is aria exclusive :D  it should be called the 7890 or 7930 imo :D  Thanks for the answers!
December 21, 2012 8:05:30 PM

Pleasure :-) Have fun with your 7930 ;-)
December 21, 2012 8:20:00 PM

Thanks but i have read the reviews of City Link and all of them are 1 star and say that they are liars and don't deliver so i am getting really scared :(  i hope this won't happen to me :( 
December 21, 2012 8:38:08 PM

They can't even prove it was delivered if you don't sign for it. Sign 'unchecked' at the door, and then if there's any damage, it's on City Link and not on you.
December 21, 2012 8:41:36 PM

So when they deliver it, i sign the 'unchecked' section? btw are City Link really that bad? they seem like the worst company in the world, i just hope my delivery appears sooner or later...
December 21, 2012 8:45:54 PM

Nope - e-on is the worst company in the world. Or BT. Or the BBC. Or Apple. There's several infact!

And no, just sign 'not checked - Sret43g' or whatever.
December 21, 2012 8:52:45 PM

Oh well, looks like i'll just have to wait for it to appear and if it doesn't, try get a refund :/ 
December 21, 2012 8:54:59 PM

I have a feeling you may be worrying too much :-)
December 21, 2012 9:03:22 PM

Yea me too but i am worrying for a reason :/  that City Link company doesn't seem too reliable to me :/ /
December 21, 2012 11:19:29 PM

Anybody else had any recent experiences with Aria/City Link?
!