[Battlefield2] - Slow on ATI 9600 Pro 256 Mb

Hi,

I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.

I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for eyes.

Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?

Thanx,

Olivier

"mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>
> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
> eyes.
>
> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Olivier

overclock your 9600 using atitool

Add some more memory if you can.

WT

"mcog" wrote:

> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>
> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
> eyes.
>
> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?

How is it not comfortable on your eyes? If using a CRT and it's straining
your eyes, then make sure you're running the game at 85Hz or better (I
run at 120Hz, but it depends what your monitor can manage at your chosen
resolution). If using a TFT and there's motion blur, then there's not
much you can do other than buy a better monitor.

If the problems are related to the performance of your system, then try
lowering the settings.

I played the demo without issues on an XP1700, 1GB PC2100, Radeon 8500LE
@ 800x600 with all settings on low or off, as appropriate.

I now run it on an XP3000, 512MB (until I can afford more PC3200), Radeon
9800 Pro @ 1024x768 with settings on medium & effects on low or off (some
cause crashes).

higgy.

RAM Memory ?
More than 1 Gb ?
How many ?
Why ?

Thanx for this informations...

Olivier

> Add some more memory if you can.
>
> WT
>
> "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>>
>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
>> eyes.
>>
>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>>
>> Thanx,
>>
>> Olivier

RAM. Add as much as your motherboard can take. This will reduce the hard
drive swapping and resulting choppiness during game play. You should note
better graphics and quicker load times.

I run an AMD 3200. I was running 512meg of RAM and added a 1 gig stick. I
have almost no choppiness and I use the high settings. My vid card is a
6600 GT - 128 meg.

Your system is probably a touch slower, but, the added RAM should make a big
difference for a relatively low cost.

WT

> RAM Memory ?
> More than 1 Gb ?
> How many ?
> Why ?
>
> Thanx for this informations...
>
> Olivier
>
>> Add some more memory if you can.
>>
>> WT
>>
>> "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>>>
>>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
>>> eyes.
>>>
>>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>>>
>>> Thanx,
>>>
>>> Olivier

> "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>>
>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
>> eyes.
>>
>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>>
>> Thanx,
>>
>> Olivier
>>

> overclock your 9600 using atitool

Thanx but it seems to be complex, do you have a tutorial ?

>> "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>>>
>>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
>>> eyes.
>>>
>>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>>>
>>> Thanx,
>>>
>>> Olivier
>>>

>> overclock your 9600 using atitool
>
> Thanx but it seems to be complex, do you have a tutorial ?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Olivier

I don't really know how to use this tool as i only got whiff of it from
Villy Vonka's/Lorian's posts

so i think you.....

Install atitool

From the menu press find max core let that run for 1 hour (some let it run
overnight)

From the menu press find max mem let it run as above

I think thats it but if anyone else can add any input i would be grateful.

m3

I have a creative 9600 that has 256mb, the frame rate @1024x768 is
v.good with the texture settings on high and both the lighting setting
on off or low, what are the settings/type of your monitor. by deafault
it will run on 800x600, which can hurt after a bit.

mcog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>
> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for eyes.
>
> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Olivier

> "mcog" wrote:
>
>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>>
>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
>> eyes.
>>
>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>
> How is it not comfortable on your eyes? If using a CRT and it's straining
> your eyes, then make sure you're running the game at 85Hz or better (I
> run at 120Hz, but it depends what your monitor can manage at your chosen
> resolution). If using a TFT and there's motion blur, then there's not
> much you can do other than buy a better monitor.
>
> If the problems are related to the performance of your system, then try
> lowering the settings.
>
> I played the demo without issues on an XP1700, 1GB PC2100, Radeon 8500LE
> @ 800x600 with all settings on low or off, as appropriate.
>
> I now run it on an XP3000, 512MB (until I can afford more PC3200), Radeon
> 9800 Pro @ 1024x768 with settings on medium & effects on low or off (some
> cause crashes).
>

> higgy.

Ok I played, and I have one remarks :
On Aircraft, and on helicos all is ok, but when I play on ground, I see that
it have difficulty.
Its not easy to see it, but for eyes its trouble...

Perhaps I must change some parameters witch manage the vision on short
distances objects ?

Excuse me for my english :eek:)

Bye,

Olivier

My screnn is a FLATRON TFT L1730S
on 60 Hz mod on windows

Can I put a frequency on BF2 more high than Windows desktop ?

Thanx,

Olivier

"mcog" wrote:

> My screnn is a FLATRON TFT L1730S
> on 60 Hz mod on windows
>
> Can I put a frequency on BF2 more high than Windows desktop ?

I don't have a TFT, but as far as I am aware frequency shouldn't make any
difference. It controls the flicker rate on a CRT and so generally higher
is better for reducing eye-strain. TFT's don't operate the same way, so you
shouldn't need to change it.

higgy.

Andrew

On 02 Jul 2005 13:58:05 GMT, higgy <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I don't have a TFT, but as far as I am aware frequency shouldn't make any
>difference. It controls the flicker rate on a CRT and so generally higher
>is better for reducing eye-strain. TFT's don't operate the same way, so you
>shouldn't need to change it.

It doesn't work in the same way on a TFT, but you should use the
native refresh rate. My TFT doesn't look right with the wrong refresh
rate.

mcog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>
> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for eyes.
>
> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?

Here is the sum of our wisdom (so far):

- If you have a 128 Mb graphics card, raise BIOS setting AGP aperture size

- Buy more ram

- Graphics settings should be medium, low AA and texture filtering,
dynamic lightning and shadows off.

- Turn of Anti-virus and unnecessary processes.

Several of my friend run BF2 well on a ATI Radeon 9600 card (w. 256 Mb
ram). I myself run it on a configuration similar to yours, with a 128 Mb
graphics card, a GForce FX 5900XT.

So it should be possible to get it running smoothly.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
>>
>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
>> eyes.
>>
>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
>
> Here is the sum of our wisdom (so far):
>
> - If you have a 128 Mb graphics card, raise BIOS setting AGP aperture size
>
> - Buy more ram
>
> - Graphics settings should be medium, low AA and texture filtering,
> dynamic lightning and shadows off.
>
> - Turn of Anti-virus and unnecessary processes.
>
> Several of my friend run BF2 well on a ATI Radeon 9600 card (w. 256 Mb
> ram). I myself run it on a configuration similar to yours, with a 128 Mb
> graphics card, a GForce FX 5900XT.
>
> So it should be possible to get it running smoothly.
>
> regards,
>
> Achtung Ecco

Thanx for all...

Olivier

I've found this website which offers a simple tutorial on overclocking
ATI GPU. But the tutorial shown here is for ATI Mobility Radeon GPUs.
But, the method is still the same.

http://gadgetdope.com/archives/000040_how_to_overclock_ati_mobility_radeon_gpu.html

Hope this helps!