[Battlefield2] - Slow on ATI 9600 Pro 256 Mb

Hi,

I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.

I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for eyes.

Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?

Thanx,

Olivier
15 answers Last reply
More about battlefield2 slow 9600

    "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >
    > I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    > eyes.
    >
    > Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Olivier

    overclock your 9600 using atitool

    Add some more memory if you can.

    WT

    "mcog" wrote:

    > I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >
    > I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    > eyes.
    >
    > Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?

    How is it not comfortable on your eyes? If using a CRT and it's straining
    your eyes, then make sure you're running the game at 85Hz or better (I
    run at 120Hz, but it depends what your monitor can manage at your chosen
    resolution). If using a TFT and there's motion blur, then there's not
    much you can do other than buy a better monitor.

    If the problems are related to the performance of your system, then try
    lowering the settings.

    I played the demo without issues on an XP1700, 1GB PC2100, Radeon 8500LE
    @ 800x600 with all settings on low or off, as appropriate.

    I now run it on an XP3000, 512MB (until I can afford more PC3200), Radeon
    9800 Pro @ 1024x768 with settings on medium & effects on low or off (some
    cause crashes).

    higgy.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    RAM Memory ?
    More than 1 Gb ?
    How many ?
    Why ?

    Thanx for this informations...

    Olivier

    > Add some more memory if you can.
    >
    > WT
    >
    > "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >> eyes.
    >>
    >> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >>
    >> Thanx,
    >>
    >> Olivier

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    RAM. Add as much as your motherboard can take. This will reduce the hard
    drive swapping and resulting choppiness during game play. You should note
    better graphics and quicker load times.

    I run an AMD 3200. I was running 512meg of RAM and added a 1 gig stick. I
    have almost no choppiness and I use the high settings. My vid card is a
    6600 GT - 128 meg.

    Your system is probably a touch slower, but, the added RAM should make a big
    difference for a relatively low cost.

    WT

    > RAM Memory ?
    > More than 1 Gb ?
    > How many ?
    > Why ?
    >
    > Thanx for this informations...
    >
    > Olivier
    >
    >> Add some more memory if you can.
    >>
    >> WT
    >>
    >> "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>>
    >>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >>> eyes.
    >>>
    >>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanx,
    >>>
    >>> Olivier

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >> eyes.
    >>
    >> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >>
    >> Thanx,
    >>
    >> Olivier
    >>

    > overclock your 9600 using atitool

    Thanx but it seems to be complex, do you have a tutorial ?

    Thanx,

    Olivier
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >> "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>>
    >>> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >>> eyes.
    >>>
    >>> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanx,
    >>>
    >>> Olivier
    >>>

    >> overclock your 9600 using atitool
    >
    > Thanx but it seems to be complex, do you have a tutorial ?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Olivier

    I don't really know how to use this tool as i only got whiff of it from
    Villy Vonka's/Lorian's posts

    so i think you.....

    Install atitool

    From the menu press find max core let that run for 1 hour (some let it run
    overnight)

    From the menu press find max mem let it run as above

    I think thats it but if anyone else can add any input i would be grateful.

    m3
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    I have a creative 9600 that has 256mb, the frame rate @1024x768 is
    v.good with the texture settings on high and both the lighting setting
    on off or low, what are the settings/type of your monitor. by deafault
    it will run on 800x600, which can hurt after a bit.

    mcog wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >
    > I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for eyes.
    >
    > Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Olivier

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > "mcog" wrote:
    >
    >> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >> eyes.
    >>
    >> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >
    > How is it not comfortable on your eyes? If using a CRT and it's straining
    > your eyes, then make sure you're running the game at 85Hz or better (I
    > run at 120Hz, but it depends what your monitor can manage at your chosen
    > resolution). If using a TFT and there's motion blur, then there's not
    > much you can do other than buy a better monitor.
    >
    > If the problems are related to the performance of your system, then try
    > lowering the settings.
    >
    > I played the demo without issues on an XP1700, 1GB PC2100, Radeon 8500LE
    > @ 800x600 with all settings on low or off, as appropriate.
    >
    > I now run it on an XP3000, 512MB (until I can afford more PC3200), Radeon
    > 9800 Pro @ 1024x768 with settings on medium & effects on low or off (some
    > cause crashes).
    >

    > higgy.

    Ok I played, and I have one remarks :
    On Aircraft, and on helicos all is ok, but when I play on ground, I see that
    it have difficulty.
    Its not easy to see it, but for eyes its trouble...

    Perhaps I must change some parameters witch manage the vision on short
    distances objects ?

    Excuse me for my english :o)

    Bye,

    Olivier
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    My screnn is a FLATRON TFT L1730S
    on 60 Hz mod on windows

    Can I put a frequency on BF2 more high than Windows desktop ?

    Thanx,

    Olivier

    >I have a creative 9600 that has 256mb, the frame rate @1024x768 is v.good
    >with the texture settings on high and both the lighting setting on off or
    >low, what are the settings/type of your monitor. by deafault it will run
    >on 800x600, which can hurt after a bit.
    >
    > mcog wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >> eyes.
    >>
    >> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >>
    >> Thanx,
    >>
    >> Olivier

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "mcog" wrote:

    > My screnn is a FLATRON TFT L1730S
    > on 60 Hz mod on windows
    >
    > Can I put a frequency on BF2 more high than Windows desktop ?

    I don't have a TFT, but as far as I am aware frequency shouldn't make any
    difference. It controls the flicker rate on a CRT and so generally higher
    is better for reducing eye-strain. TFT's don't operate the same way, so you
    shouldn't need to change it.

    higgy.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On 02 Jul 2005 13:58:05 GMT, higgy <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I don't have a TFT, but as far as I am aware frequency shouldn't make any
    >difference. It controls the flicker rate on a CRT and so generally higher
    >is better for reducing eye-strain. TFT's don't operate the same way, so you
    >shouldn't need to change it.

    It doesn't work in the same way on a TFT, but you should use the
    native refresh rate. My TFT doesn't look right with the wrong refresh
    rate.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    mcog wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >
    > I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for eyes.
    >
    > Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?

    Here is the sum of our wisdom (so far):

    - If you have a 128 Mb graphics card, raise BIOS setting AGP aperture size

    - Buy more ram

    - Graphics settings should be medium, low AA and texture filtering,
    dynamic lightning and shadows off.

    - Turn of Anti-virus and unnecessary processes.

    Several of my friend run BF2 well on a ATI Radeon 9600 card (w. 256 Mb
    ram). I myself run it on a configuration similar to yours, with a 128 Mb
    graphics card, a GForce FX 5900XT.

    So it should be possible to get it running smoothly.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    >> eyes.
    >>
    >> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    >
    > Here is the sum of our wisdom (so far):
    >
    > - If you have a 128 Mb graphics card, raise BIOS setting AGP aperture size
    >
    > - Buy more ram
    >
    > - Graphics settings should be medium, low AA and texture filtering,
    > dynamic lightning and shadows off.
    >
    > - Turn of Anti-virus and unnecessary processes.
    >
    > Several of my friend run BF2 well on a ATI Radeon 9600 card (w. 256 Mb
    > ram). I myself run it on a configuration similar to yours, with a 128 Mb
    > graphics card, a GForce FX 5900XT.
    >
    > So it should be possible to get it running smoothly.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    Thanx for all...

    Olivier
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    I've found this website which offers a simple tutorial on overclocking
    ATI GPU. But the tutorial shown here is for ATI Mobility Radeon GPUs.
    But, the method is still the same.

    http://gadgetdope.com/archives/000040_how_to_overclock_ati_mobility_radeon_gpu.html

    Hope this helps!

    "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message news:<42c58d1c$0$25044$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>...
    > > "mcog" <mcog2NO-SPAM@wanadoo.frNO-SPAM> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I have AMD 3000 + 1 Gb RAM + ATI 9600 Pro + Win XP SP2.
    > >>
    > >> I find BF2 slow on display, and its not confortable to play on it for
    > >> eyes.
    > >>
    > >> Have you an idea to accelerate all of that ?
    > >>
    > >> Thanx,
    > >>
    > >> Olivier
    > >>

    > > overclock your 9600 using atitool
    >
    > Thanx but it seems to be complex, do you have a tutorial ?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Olivier

ATI Video Games