GTX 570 not recognized in ASRock Z77 Extreme4

mgkilla34

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
Alright, so i just built a computer (2nd one ive built so far) and we got everything plugged in turned on the computer but in the bios it doesn't recognize my graphic card(GTX 570). i have tried reseating putting it in the other pci-e slot but it seems like the graphic card isn't being recognized and im not sure what to do from here. later today im going to try and plug my GTX 570 into my other computer to test if its a problem with the motherboard or if it with the graphic card. BTW the graphic card fans are spinning so i know that it is working.

Full Build:
OS - Windows 7 Home 64-bit
MB - ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GPU - MSI GTX 570
CPU - Core i5 3570k
PSU - COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M2 RS620-SPM2E3-US 620W
RAM - 8GB (2x 4GB) G.SKILL Sniper DDR3 1600
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
CPU COOLER- COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

please help im not sure if the pci-e slot is broken or the graphic card is broken or what is wrong.

Edit: is it possible that i dont have enough watts for my gpu?

mgkilla34

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
we found out the problem today the graphic card unfortunatly was DOA kinda pissed at newegg but w/e nothing i can do about it besdies get a new one thanks for trying to help though and no it didn't see it in device manager

mgkilla34

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
we Finally got a new card back from msi and put it in the computer and it ended up not seeing the card which to me is really strange so does anyone know of a problem with the ASrock z77 and gtx 570 not being compatible?

mgkilla34

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
well we fianlly figured out what we were doing wrong and the problem we were having was when we were trying to have good cable management and weave the cabled behind the back of the case i guess the plug for 1 of the gtx 570 psu slots came unplugged from the power supply and we didn't even think to check that because it was the first modular psu that that made feel quite stupid considering that we sent in a new one and had to wait like a month and a half....