Hey guys,

I'm planning to build a gaming system.

Components that I plan on buying:

I5 3570k (with Hyper 212)
Asrock z77 extreme 4
Dominator 1600 mhz 2x4 gb
Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Coolermaster GX Lite - 500watt

And here's my question: ASUS GeForce GTX660 Ti-DC2T or Asus GeForce GTX660 TI-DC2 ?
And what's the different between them? The one with the 'T' is abit more expensive, other than that I have no clue.

Help is appreciated :) Also any other suggestions for my system are welcome :) Btw i plan on OC too thats why I pick those components too.

Thanks in advance,

A new member!

cl-scott

Honorable
Taking a look, the main difference seems to be that the DC2T has a faster clocked GPU and memory.

DC2:

GPU Boost Clock : 980 MHz
GPU Base Clock : 915 MHz

DC2T (TOP Series)

GPU Boost Clock : 1137 MHz
GPU Base Clock : 1059 MHz

I agree with above however skip the 660 ti i would be all over that Asus 670 TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards.The thing a straight beast!Once you own one of those cards all bets are off!TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

Quote :

Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested.I simply can't find anything wrong with it. :eek:

P.S. Make sure it's the TOP not the pretender top DC2 to my understanding the TOP uses higher specially binned chip non top does not.

G

Hey, thank you for your reply.

I did some research, and found out that the GTX 670 actually is a really bad card. Alot of people are having problems with it, it's like a 50/50 chance wether it's good out of the box or not.. Pff that sucks! I'd love to get it but this made me change my mind!

Or do you think ASUS fixed it by now? They even stopped the production it seems

I think some were bad not all though because my friend has one it's a beast the reason i believe there not the same is my friends Top card out preforms a few of our friends non Top DC2 i waited for months to try and get the Top in the end i had to go with MSI because i couldn't get the real top that TechPoweUp tested i think the other fella that reply works for Asus maybe he knows more info.