Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HD 7770 Crossfire query

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2012 4:25:36 PM

I already own a Sapphire AMD HD7770 and have an option to crossfire with a ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB, as you can see it has dual fans for cooling hence my choice. MY PSU is Corsair GS700 which has 2 PCI-e connectors, one that connects my original card, but I read somewhere that the Asus card will alone require 2 PCI-e connectors, please confirm and tell, btw how many CF bridges should I use, 1 or 2?

More about : 7770 crossfire query

Best solution

November 2, 2012 5:39:44 PM

Yes, you can CF different brands of video cards as long as they use the same GPU (both are 7770).

You only use one CF bridge. Also, both video cards only have a single PCIe power connection.

Last, if your Sapphire only has 1GB of memory, then the Asus will only use 1GB (of its 2GB) when you CF the 2 of them together. Not really an issue, just something to keep in mind.

Good luck!

November 2, 2012 5:45:15 PM

Best answer selected by abizer14.
m
l
November 2, 2012 6:15:44 PM

COLGeek said:
Yes, you can CF different brands of video cards as long as they use the same GPU (both are 7770).

You only use one CF bridge. Also, both video cards only have a single PCIe power connection.

Last, if your Sapphire only has 1GB of memory, then the Asus will only use 1GB (of its 2GB) when you CF the 2 of them together. Not really an issue, just something to keep in mind.

Good luck!

answered all my queries, just what I needed.
m
l
!