Dual monitos + Mirroring ?

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I own a NVIDIA GTX 460 graphics card. It has 2 DVI and 1 HDMI mini outputs...I currently have my 2 monitors connected via DVI and the TV connected via HDMI mini. I know that it doesn't support three devices at the same time, for instance I can only have 2 monitors on at once, or 1 monitor and the TV at one time because it will automatically shut the third device off.

Currently I have to either use dual monitor setup or primary monitor and TV. If I buy an HDMI splitter, will it allow me to have all three devices connected and on at the same time? For instance, If i connect the Primary Monitor/TV up to the splitter (which will be directly connected to PC) and the second monitor connected as is...can I have dual independent monitors running as well as have the TV mirror the primary monitor? Will I be able to have all three devices running at once even though this gpu wont support it?

I just want my TV to mirror primary monitor and have the second monitor be independent for dual-monitor usage. So is this possible? Primary/TV mirrored and secondary monitor independent (to use for dual-monitor usage)

Grapics card: GTX 460
Motherboard:ASUS M4A87

cl-scott

Honorable

I'd google the specific make and model TV you have and if you don't see 1080p and more specifically 1920x1080 for a resolution, then you may want to hold up and decide whether you want to use this as an excuse to get a new TV. :D If the monitor and TV don't have the same resolution, you're asking for problems is the long and short of it.

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
From their website:
"Hitachi 42HDS69 doesn't have the same native resolution as most 42-inch plasmas. Its unusual 1,024x1,080 resolution is new for this year and exactly matches the vertical resolution of 1,920x1,080 (1080i) signals. In theory this should produce a sharper picture than standard 1,024x768 plasmas, but in reality it's extremely difficult to tell the difference. As with all other plasmas, the Hitachi scales all incoming signals, whether from HDTV, DVD or standard TV, to fit the available pixels."