Opinions on this card?

duddits

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better)) BUDGET RANGE: (e.g.: USD $150-250) Before / After Rebates
My card is in the process of dying, so I'm looking for a new card that's an improvement on what I have, but also not too expensive. This seemed good to me but I figured I'd ask the experts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-202-006&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Really is all about gaming.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Radeon HD 5770, Fatal1ty (ugh) 700W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Always into Newegg, occasionally tigerdirect

PARTS PREFERENCES: Trying to stick with ATI for now

OVERCLOCKING: Not really interested

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Nothing I can think of. Thanks for the advice and comments!

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Agree. Sapphire is a good brand, and thats a huge performance leap.

Your Phenom II won't always be able to keep up with it, particularly in CPU intensive gaming, but honestly that's not too big of a problem ... better too strong than too weak.

Make sure your case is well ventilated!

Limerick

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
The 7950 is amazing. Also this card is tailored for overclockers. You should really overclock that card. You can get it 1350MHz depending on you psu, and your cpu (may need to OC it for this card btw). But really good choice. If you can find the vapor-x version of that, it would be really amazing!