MB: Asrock Extreme 6 Z77
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
CPU: Intel 3770K IB
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX750 750W
Monitor: COBY 32" 1080p Tv (VGA in)
Graphics: MSI GTX660ti Power Edition / Overclock Edition
O/S: Win 7 Ultimate 64

Something is up with my display. This just started happening recently. I have had this system (self built) about 1 month and this has been happening for about a week now.

About a week ago, I came home from work and all of my icons looked bigger than normal and my resolution was low - it looked as though I had no graphics driver installed at all. I restarted my system and everything went back to normal. The next day I came home from work, same thing, restarted and back to normal...

This has been happening just about every day and I can't figure out why it's happening. There are no errors that I can see because I'm catching it after the fact. I don't THINK it's restarting when this happens and there doesn't appear to be any new crash dump files created. For example - this happened yesterday and today, but the date of the most recent dump file is 10-30-2012.

I am not convinced the error codes (0x124 & 0x9C) are related to this since this happened today and whocrashed didn't show anything related with error codes (that I can see). Most recently (today) I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers to see if that helps...

The thing each of these instances seems to have in common is I'm away from the PC for long periods of time. Something that happens when the PC tries to sleep perhaps? Although, if this is true, it's not consistent because this morning before I left for work it was fine (which means it did ok all night) but when I came home from work, there it was again... Also, my PC NEVER actually sleeps. Always on. I have it set on Balanced in the power options.

Any thoughts?

More about : display reverting

November 2, 2012 11:29:21 PM

I have had this problem to. For some reason, disabling either No GUI boot or OS boot info in msconfig fixes that problem. I know it sounds weird but I think that's the truth for me.
m
l
November 2, 2012 11:46:58 PM

That was the solution to the problem with your graphics (main problem) or the problem with your PC never sleeping?
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2012 12:07:15 AM

That was the solution to my display constantly reverting back to resolution 800 x 600 everytime I started up my machine. Then I would have to go to screen res. options and change the res. back to default.
m
l
November 3, 2012 12:08:30 AM

Unlikely tho that will help you. Was just saying in case.
m
l
November 3, 2012 12:10:54 AM

By disabling, do you mean unchecking them? Currently both of these are UNchecked already.

No GUI Boot = Unchecked
OS Boot Info = Unchecked
m
l
November 3, 2012 12:21:49 AM

Yes by disabling I mean unchecked. The problem started for me when one day I went into msconfig and checked those two options. Then when the screen reverting started to bother me, I went back and figured out that was causing the problem so I unchecked the options and everything was normal for me again. I know the issue is totally unrelated to eachother, but if you already had those unchecked in the beginning, I'm not sure there is much to help you.
m
l
November 3, 2012 12:22:34 AM

Maybe you could try enabling the two, rebooting and then disabling the two and rebooting.

Just a suggestion.
m
l
November 3, 2012 1:12:35 AM

Ok. If it happens again, I'll give it a shot. That's all I've got right now! :)  Thank you!
m
l
!