Need Advice on how to setup a 12 display setup for Stock Market Work.

Nov 2, 2012
Well I have a Lenghty Question for the Tech Savy followers of Tom's Hardware..

I need a 12 Monitor Setup, on a single computer. (I am a Stock Market Trader). Please advice me on how to achieve this (3 monitors horizontally by 4 monitors vertically)?

I think I need Quad SLI / Crossfire type GPU configaration (My Best Guess), so that every GPU connects to 3 independent displays, and 4 X such setup = 12 display setup.
Or 2, 6 Monitor supported Card, on a crossfire.

If its possible or not, if possible then how to achieve it?

I would use an Intel Corei7 3770K processor with Asus P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard, and16 GB of 1600+ DDR3 Memory.
How much Power Supply should i require to run 4 GPU configaration?

I plan to use 12, 22 inch 1920 by 1080 led Monitor. I cant go above 22 inch monitor because of there Price.. (Need to buy 12 of them, If technically possible).
I also want to make one thing clear, I want gaming performance as well in this PC, not using all the 12 monitors, but maybe in 3 monitor setup, so plz dont ask me to buy Fire Pro, or Quadro seriese card.
My budget is like.... not unlimited, but whatever it takes to build the thing.

People please advice me on the issue... and Thanking in advance....!

Solution
Using sli or crossfire will actual limit the amount of monitors you can use to get the most you want them running independently.Don't really have links just experience building multi monitor rigs. Built an 8 monitor setup for a day trading buddy and a couple 10 monitor monsters for an engineer. With slip you are limited to 4 monitors(on 600 series cards 2-3 monitors on older series) and crossfire is 6 no matter how many cards you combine. Sli and crossfire are made for gaming not multi monitor support.

corsairmaster

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
the p8z77 v premium motherboard only support 3 way xfire/sli. i recommend getting a lga 2011 cpu and mobo like the 3820 processor and the p9x79 (spend more if you can and get yourself the 3930k) in a 800d or haf x if you want to spend less, get at least a 1000w power supply, and get 16 or 32 gb ram if you can, then consider the graphics, you can choose 3 7950s or 3 670s depending on what you need/want.

Nov 2, 2012

Can you suggest me a Quadro or Fire Pro GPU Model, do the work..? in what configuration .... plz if u can.... provide a good server configuration for my setup....!!!

Thanks in advance....

Nov 2, 2012

Thanks for the Information, its really a bargain... price wise. Just one thing.... without sli or crossfire, can 3 seperate Gpu's provide graphics to 12 monitors?? I have got no knowledge on this, so please advice me on this....
If possible can u provide me with some links on how to achieve this without sli or crossfire....(I may be asking a dumb question).

Thanks in advance....... Thanks you very very much...!!!

bignastyid

Titan
Using sli or crossfire will actual limit the amount of monitors you can use to get the most you want them running independently.Don't really have links just experience building multi monitor rigs. Built an 8 monitor setup for a day trading buddy and a couple 10 monitor monsters for an engineer. With slip you are limited to 4 monitors(on 600 series cards 2-3 monitors on older series) and crossfire is 6 no matter how many cards you combine. Sli and crossfire are made for gaming not multi monitor support.

Solution
Nov 2, 2012

Thanks a lot for the information.... Its actually lucky for me to have you, because of your experience in building such systems. Thanks for the Information of limitations of SLI and Crossfire. Hope to start building the System soon...

I would actually like you to ask something more, because of your experience related to multi-monitor setups.... its that, I also have another PC with a GT 9600 GPU, which has got two, DVI-I output. I use 2 monitor on it to see market information. I cannot Game with Both the monitors, but can extend the desktop, Setup each monitor independently, etc etc. What I want to know is, can I use a DVI Splitter, to add 2 more monitors to it. like one DVI connection with 2560 by 1024 resolution, divided by 2 monitors attached to the splitter, with 1280 by 1024 resolution each. I dont know whether i made myself clear on what I actually want..... but if so, then can this be done...??

Arrangement :: GPU > 2 DVI -- Each DVI > One Splitter --- Each Splitter With > 2 DVI -- 2 DVI > 2 Monitor
Resolution :: GPU drives 2 Monitor with each output @ 2560 by 1024, Each DVI attached with a Splitter splits this 2560 by 1024 into 1280 by 1024 X 2. Each 1280 by 1024 then goes to each monitor.

If possible please advice me on this... Thanks in advance for replying....

Nov 2, 2012

Thanks again for responding.... actually I know this product, but its too costly.... just needed to know, whether i can stretch windows through normal splitter. Desktop cloning is not what i actually want.... so thanks again for adviceing me on that.