Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which Graphics Card Should I Buy??? Please

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Cooler Master
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 2, 2012 9:04:32 PM

I have built a Mid Range Gaming Computer with:-

1. Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H Monitor
2. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) *2 i.e 8GB Ram
3. Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500K Processor
4. Intel DH67CL Motherboard
5. Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500 Watts PSU
6. Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet
7. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive 7300 RPM
8. Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Mouse

I play games like COD, FIFA, Splinter Cell, NFS and others.
I want a graphics card for which I need not have to change my SMPS I am considering:-
1. ATI 7750 1GB
2. Nvidia GTX 550Ti
3. Nvidia GeForce GT640
4. ATI 6770

More about : graphics card buy

Best solution

November 2, 2012 9:36:20 PM

I suggest going for a 7850. It's at a very nice price. And also its overclocking ability is quite good. This one is a very reliable and quality card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
or this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Both are quite reliable cards.
Share
November 3, 2012 7:55:54 AM

Limerick said:
I suggest going for a 7850. It's at a very nice price. And also its overclocking ability is quite good. This one is a very reliable and quality card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
or this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Both are quite reliable cards.


Thanks for the reply, I am in India and here 7850 costs around 15k i.e $300. Can you give me a cheaper alternative. Is this card better than Nvidia GTX560 since it is $50 cheaper than 7850? If I donot have to change my smps it would save me $100 so I could go for 7850 if its really good and plays all the games.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 9:35:06 AM

skg6354 said:
Thanks for the reply, I am in India and here 7850 costs around 15k i.e $300. Can you give me a cheaper alternative. Is this card better than Nvidia GTX560 since it is $50 cheaper than 7850? If I donot have to change my smps it would save me $100 so I could go for 7850 if its really good and plays all the games.

of course it is better then nvidia..i am also from india..and i have sapphire 7850 2 gb...works like a charm..easily overclocked...when oc give same performance as 7870 (and gtx 580)which is aroung 20 k in india,more price of nvidia card...and 500 watt smps is enough...it only draws 80 watt at maximum..so you will be fine...go for it....with new drivers for 7*** series amd card gives up to 15 % boost in gaming....best card for its price range..will make you future proof for at least 2 year....(if you play on single monitor)...
so if you are not the person who like to upgrade GPU every year then one time investment of 15k is better option(have to pay 3k to 4k more then nvidia card) and its worth it....go for it.... ;) ....
edit: i played BF3 on ultra with all setting high with msaa.(at resolution 1920*1080)....without OC...so it will play all games decently...palyed crysis 2 on all maxed out setting..now playing slepping dogs and Most wanted 2012 all at maxed out setting without OC...its a eye candy.....
Score
0
November 3, 2012 10:24:10 AM

docxxx said:
of course it is better then nvidia..i am also from india..and i have sapphire 7850 2 gb...works like a charm..easily overclocked...when oc give same performance as 7870 (and gtx 580)which is aroung 20 k in india,more price of nvidia card...and 500 watt smps is enough...it only draws 80 watt at maximum..so you will be fine...go for it....with new drivers for 7*** series amd card gives up to 15 % boost in gaming....best card for its price range..will make you future proof for at least 2 year....(if you play on single monitor)...
so if you are not the person who like to upgrade GPU every year then one time investment of 15k is better option(have to pay 3k to 4k more then nvidia card) and its worth it....go for it.... ;) ....
edit: i played BF3 on ultra with all setting high with msaa.(at resolution 1920*1080)....without OC...so it will play all games decently...palyed crysis 2 on all maxed out setting..now playing slepping dogs and Most wanted 2012 all at maxed out setting without OC...its a eye candy.....


Ok will buy it, which model to go for sapphire 1gb or 2 gb version, should I buy oc or ordinary?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 11:41:45 AM

gtx 660 in india cost around 14.5 k at primeabgb if you are spending that much would suggest to look at it
Score
0
a c 291 U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 11:55:06 AM

If what akshayghai29785 says is true, you should go for GTX 660 - it's faster than HD 7850, will work with your power supply unit, and, apparently, cheaper.
Score
0
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 12:08:54 PM

I would buy a 2gb. You could buy one overclocked. Or overclock it yourself. IT's up to you. I would certainly get one with custom cooling though. At least 2 fans. If you do plan on an overclock. (OCing your self is cheaper, but it's a bit scary if you don't know what your doing. If it's not to much more expensive I would buy a factory overclock.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 4:15:04 PM

skg6354 said:
Ok will buy it, which model to go for sapphire 1gb or 2 gb version, should I buy oc or ordinary?

go with 2 gb( as some graphically insane games are coming so it is better to have 2 GB VRAM to be future proof) and don't buy overclock version..its so easy to overclock by your self just download MSI afterburner software..can do with a click...and without overclock also it will run great so go with it.... :)  :) 
Score
0
November 7, 2012 1:49:24 AM

Best answer selected by skg6354.
Score
0
!