Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need some advice on first build

Last response: in Systems
December 21, 2012 6:59:53 AM

I have been asking around and getting advice for my first build, at the moment I have all the parts selected but I was hoping to possibly get someone or a few people to review it, point out anything I may have missed or possibly suggest some points of upgrade. The build is meant for gaming primarily, I want to be able to play most if not all current titles on high or max settings with a decent fps, as well as the occasional video editing/recording.

Current PC is a razer laptop which is a few years old. For the most part It runs okay but I do see substantion fps drops when playing games on medium+ settings. Anyway, here is the build; http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_list...

Should also not that I am in Australia, aiming to get all of the parts off this website, and my budget is roughly 1, 500 -2, 000 dollars. I really don't have much understanding when it comes to building computers, or computers in general, so thanks in advance for the advice :D .

PS: I have a monitor; http://www.cnet.com.au/sony-bravia-klv-26s200-339274185... already, but will probably upgrade it in the not too distant future.

More about : advice build

December 21, 2012 10:29:25 AM

Yeah, your build checks out.
Just get 8 Gb ram, cos 16 is just too much.
m
l
December 21, 2012 11:11:45 AM

When you say 16 is too much what exactly does that mean? It won't run as well or I just don't need that much? Don't really understand how it works.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 21, 2012 11:14:38 AM

Most, if not all, modern games used no more than 4 GB. So 16 GB you were planning will be just sitting there, doing nothing. So 8 Gb is more than enough.
December 21, 2012 11:20:00 AM

Ahh I see, well thanks heaps for the help.
m
l
December 21, 2012 11:20:10 AM

Best answer selected by Krakin.
m
l
December 21, 2012 11:26:11 AM

^ agreed :) 

On the other hand 16GB might be of some help, when for the OP´s occasional video editing/recording.
m
l
!