Sign in with
Your question

New Mobo BIOS and Video Card AXTU crashing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 3, 2012 12:46:08 AM

Just got my gtx 660 today. Installed the 306.97 drivers and updated my mobo BIOS to 2.40(ASRock z77 extreme4) with a 3570k. I was having a lot of problems I didnt understand but I found out I needed to update my system clock and it fixed the core of my problems.

My current problem is that ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility will not load. It crashed everytime I try to boot it and gives no error message.

Also, I am getting some tearing in BF3. I think it may have gone away but initially it was pretty bad. I was at around 45 fps with Adaptive Vsync. I turned on Lucid Virtu MVP and it didn't help. I didnt notice it much after I got to playing more.

Edit: Also, I can't get MSI afterburner On Screen Display to work either.
a c 145 U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 1:31:17 AM

why did you flash your mobo bios in the first place? is there problem with previous bios? about the screen tearing problem try enabled v sync and not adaptive one. if the tearing still happen revert back to previous driver. i heard some people get screen tearing with the latest whql but there are no such problem on my 460 yet
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2013 8:50:01 AM

eric4277 said:
Just got my gtx 660 today. Installed the 306.97 drivers and updated my mobo BIOS to 2.40(ASRock z77 extreme4) with a 3570k. I was having a lot of problems I didnt understand but I found out I needed to update my system clock and it fixed the core of my problems.

My current problem is that ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility will not load. It crashed everytime I try to boot it and gives no error message.

Also, I am getting some tearing in BF3. I think it may have gone away but initially it was pretty bad. I was at around 45 fps with Adaptive Vsync. I turned on Lucid Virtu MVP and it didn't help. I didnt notice it much after I got to playing more.

Edit: Also, I can't get MSI afterburner On Screen Display to work either.

Im having the same damn problem but I never updated my Extreme 4 Bios. It used to work but not it load up then a bunch errors appear from AXTU then it shows balnk blue window with UI layout. Its AXTU not your BIOS

EDIT: NEVER TOUCH LUCID ON EXTREME 4 OR YOUR PROBLEMS WILL WORSEN. Stay away from it please I dont want you to have more problems. It killed peoples Extreme 4s
m
l
!