Help me connect the cables

vrotosl

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hello, i bought new pc, but on parts because i decided it will be cheaper...sadly i have wasted all day and unable to make it run. The motherboard is FM2 socket a55m dgs by Asrock. Processor AMD APU. Powersupply is Corsair 430w.
My case is old and so are my floppy ( It seems i cant connect it to anythin) and my hdd. I managed to conect the PSU cables to the motherboard, the cpu, the hdd and the DVD.

I have problem connecting several cables connecting to System Panel Header and USB Header. Currently as i have connected ( will explain later ), the PC runs by using the power button, but the powerbutton doesnt light up and after that doesnt work for shut down(nor the restart button). The PC runs, the Cpu fan works and i hear that starting sound. The DVD also lights up and i can open it. But thats all, there is no signal to my monitor (it says No signal ). The monitor is also new, but works. I have connected it well. I really need help, because I have no one to call.

Here is my System Panel Header model - http://picbg.net/img.php?file=400da44875528672.jpg
on bottom row - 1-2 i have putted HDD LED the cables are in colour position - yellow- white.
on 3 - nothing
on 4-5 - reset cable in position - white,yellow
Top row - 1-2 - nothing, i have no such cable. 3-4 power sw in position black-white.

My USB Header - http://picbg.net/img.php?file=af04921530bbd522.jpg
I have two small cables that are the same. They say "5v data-, data + ,gnd
I have inserted just one of the cables on top row in colour position - red, yellow, green, black
the other cable has orange, blue, purple and beige

Please help me.

vrotosl

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I posted pictures from the manual which indicates i read it.
But its not helping me. Besides it says nothing else than " Just connect the power switch to the front panel on the chassis"

TommyGunDam

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

Your white wires are the negative ones, with that said you have connected them incorrectly.

The Power LED should go on the top row with the colored positive on Pin 1, then the Power Button next on the top row positive first.

The bottom row is the HDD LED first with positive, then the Reset Button but backwards, negative first then positive.
Where you have said "on 3 - nothing", that is the Reset Button negative connector and #4 is the positive.

suteck

Distinguished
HDD led look fine, the reset connectors should go 3 & 4. Leave the last one (5) empty, that should solve the reset problem. The power on/off also seem to be in the correct positions. As for the power button not lighting up? You say I have no such cable (PLED+, PLED-)? Do you have any left over? If so what are they labeled? Those would be the cables for the power button light. Let me know what you have done and left over and we can go from there.

I'll have to go home and check on the usb cables. I have an old case also for the kids and had to plug those in one at a time also. Might be time for a new case lol.

vrotosl

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Well i did what you said and it powers on ( still no lights for buttons (no PLED cable), but what worries me more - no signal for monitor and i am unable to enter BIOS or anything...
I started from scratch following the guide above and i think everything is put correctly.

There was no PLED cable, i checked the old motherboard. It has only 3 chips - PLED-(D-LED), PWSWS, Speakers (Reset).
I'll probably look for someone to fix it, sadly its holidays, and i will be with no PC at holidays :(

suteck

Distinguished
Does the monitor have multiple inputs? Are you sure you have the correct input selected - like hdmi1 or hdmi2 or vga? Which connection are you using? The hdmi or the vga?

TommyGunDam

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
As for the video, do you have the monitor connected to the VGA or the DVI? I think your manual tells you to connect to the VGA then you are able to do the Dual monitor...if you have connected to the VGA then I don't know...good luck.

vrotosl

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
The monitor supports VGA and DVI. I connect it to VGA ports. The monitor can't be a problem neither the cables for it, because they were tested on another configuration.