Connection 2 PC's via USB?

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hey

I have a load of spare USB cables, i want to make a male to male USB cable, then i want to put one end into my main gaming PC and the other end into my secondary gaming PC.

My question, what will happen exactly?

Will it blow up?
Will one of my PC's recognize new hardware?
Will nothing happen?
Will they work together and become a super AI like skynet? (I mean, both PC's are pretty powerful, i wouldn't be surprised)

Just asking in advance before i do it, im at work right now, il post results.

Cheers = :love:

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
will they work together? absolutely not. Companies make male to male USB cables for using the windows data transfer app built in but you wont magically be able to use both computers for the tasks you have on your one current keyboard/mouse/monitor. your USB2.0 connection between them is much slower than a network connection between them. What your talking about is clustering (using multiple pc's to accomplish one task, or fail over redundancy etc) and your not going to be doing that with normal PC's and client OS's

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I tried it last night, i was hoping for a second rise of the machines, but nothing happened >.<

It made the same sound when you connect new hardware, and then it made the sound when you dis-connect hardware.

FYI - I was just curious of what would happen, it seemed easy to do and its one of those obvious things you never think of actually doing. im not surprised nothing happened.

TRENDING THREADS