Sign in with
Your question

No keyboard or mouse in installation screen.

Last response: in Windows 7
February 29, 2012 11:48:18 AM

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install windows 7 on to my new build but when I get to the language selection the mouse and keyboard stop working and no cursor appears, they both work in bios so I don't know what the issue is. Thanks in advance.
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 4:11:04 PM

if its usb mouse and keyboard

make sure usb mouse and keyboard is enabled in the bios

its stupid how it lets you use usb to get in the bios but then doesnt recognise it in windows till it gets a driver

for it
a b $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 5:39:14 PM

you may have to switch USB mode to something like legacy
Related resources
May 19, 2012 11:21:51 PM

jay712 said:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to install windows 7 on to my new build but when I get to the language selection the mouse and keyboard stop working and no cursor appears, they both work in bios so I don't know what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

I had similar issue, USB keyboard working in BIOS but in Windows 7 installer. Luckily I had an old PS/2 keyboard in the loft, which was picked up in BIOS and Windows 7.

June 14, 2012 7:47:11 PM

jay712 said:

Did you figure out how to fix this problem? I'm having the same problem and cant figure out how to resolve it. Its driving me nuts!
August 18, 2012 11:35:06 PM

If you're still having this issue --

Make sure your keyboard/mouse are plugged into USB 2.0 ports and -not- USB 3.0 ports.

This issue had me banging my head on my desk for awhile, too.
December 7, 2012 2:02:42 PM

NotRobocop said:
If you're still having this issue --

Make sure your keyboard/mouse are plugged into USB 2.0 ports and -not- USB 3.0 ports.

This issue had me banging my head on my desk for awhile, too.

you sir just made my world happy again. this guys right, i love him cuz ps2 port wasnt even workin wid muh old keyboard :-O lol this mans a hero.
!