None

OVERCLOCKING:
No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE:
Don't know

MONITOR RESOLUTION:
1920*1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
I'd like to run Civilization V at full resolution and good settings.

I don't have any choices currently about the card that i'm going to choose.
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading geforce budget
  1. up your budget a bit and get 7850
  2. I'm afraid the 7850 is a bit too expensive. 160$ is the most I can spend.
  3. how about GTX650 Ti or AMD HD7770?
  4. I suggest then going with the AMD 7770.
  5. Best answer
    For $160 you'll be looking at the Radeon 7770 @ $120-$150, the GTX 560 @ $160-$190, and the GTX 650ti @ $140-$180. In order of greatest performance, it'd be 560 > 650ti > 7770 (in other words, they're priced appropriately).

The 560 might be too much of a stretch for your power supply (depends on what model it is exactly), so until you tell us what that is, I'd reserve my recommendation to the 650ti.
  6. The label says:
    ZEB-450W[DSATA PLUS][20+4 PIN]

So which one should I go for?
    The 560, 650 Ti or 7770?
  7. for those games nvidia will perform much better, especially at lower settings which you will have to use. the 560>650ti
  8. From what I found, that's a Zebronics PS51 450W power supply. Also from what I found, that's apparently an awful power supply that only has 16 amps on the 12V rail, which equates out to providing about 192W on the 12V rail.

Now, I'm sure you'd be able to power a 7770 with that... but I certainly wouldn't risk attaching anything to that. I wouldn't even consider putting a 560 on it, either (the 560 alone can use 150W). What I would recommend is getting a decent power supply before upgrading anything else - something from Antec, Corsair, XFX, or Seasonic, preferably.
  9. So does that mean I won't be able to play those games? What if I changed the power supply? Could you reccomend one?
  10. It's more than likely that you'd be able to use a 7770 with that PSU, and that you'd be able to play those games. The issue comes from the quality of the power supply itself - if something were to go wrong, it'd be likely to damage your computer. If you're okay with taking that risk, feel free to ignore what I'm saying (but I wouldn't recommend it).

You'll want to look for a high-quality 450-550W power supply. I'll be looking around on Flipkart to see if I can't help you pick something out; I'll edit this post if I come across anything.

Edit: It looks like the best deal you can get from Flipkart would be a Corsair CX430-V2 for 2700rs. That doesn't leave you with very much in the way of a video card, though (probably around a 6670, going by conversion rates and Flipkart's prices).
  11. I built a 560+i3 mini itx build with a 400w psu, never pulls more than 180w from the outlet when benching 3dmark. your psu is plenty good enough for a 560
  12. Two conflicting opinions..:/
    But suppose I get the Corsair CX430-V2, would I be able to use the 560 or 650 Ti?
  13. akashsara said:
    But suppose I get the Corsair CX430-V2, would I be able to use the 560 or 650 Ti?

With plenty of room to spare.

Quote:
    Two conflicting opinions..:/

You could power a 560 with your current power supply: at idle, you'd certainly draw less than 192W. Even under load, you might not draw that much (I personally doubt it, but it's possible). But let's say, for example, your computer goes under heavy load and starts trying to pull 200W+ - what happens? Considering I can't find anything that says your PSU has overcurrent-protection, it would probably short out and damage anything attached to the 12V rail - motherboard, CPU, video card, etc.
  14. Ah! I'm a bit confused though. Why does it draw only 192W when it says 450W?
    Also, of the three graphics cards you mentioned, what would be the best?
    The 560 or the 650 Ti?
    I'm confused because of the numbering. Shouldn't the 650 Ti be better?
    Thanks for all your help! :)
  15. akashsara said:
    Ah! I'm a bit confused though. Why does it draw only 192W when it says 450W?
    Also, of the three graphics cards you mentioned, what would be the best?
    The 560 or the 650 Ti?
    I'm confused because of the numbering. Shouldn't the 650 Ti be better?
    Thanks for all your help! :)

It all comes down to marketing. Let's start with the power supply: you can determine the actual wattage of a PSU's rails by multiplying the number of amps by the number of volts. That's where I got the 192W figure from: 16A x 12V. Power supplies also have 3.3V and 5V rails (though these don't provide much power to your major components); yours output (3.3V x 22A) = 48.4W and (5V x 35A) = 175W, respectively. I suppose that total comes close enough to 450W to where they can advertise it as such. This is very common with poor quality power supplies - they'll advertise an output that is far greater than what they can provide.

Now, as for the video card, the names are really only relative. With GeForce cards, the first digit indicates the generation it belongs to; the next two numbers indicate that card's standing within that generation. So while the 650 Ti is newer (a 600-series card), the 560 (a 500-series card) is generally the better performer.
  16. Best answer selected by akashsara.
  17. Ah! I get it.
    Thanks a lot! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics