Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Trouble finding a graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 3, 2012 4:24:39 PM

I am having trouble finding a graphics card that I can use on my computer for gaming. I play mostly sci-fi/ survival horror games like Deus Ex, F.E.A.R., Dead Space, System Shock, Half Life 2 type stuff etc etc. I read somewhere that a radeon 6670 was okay for my system. Please help. And before you say it, I don't want to upgrade my PSU.

specs:
powerspec b710
8gb ddr3 ram
Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core (3.4GHz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
windows7 professional

PSU-300 Watt 115-230V; 60/50hz; 8-4A, Combined +12V Rating- 166 Watts (13A)

LG 24" led monitor 1920x1080
November 3, 2012 4:47:46 PM

We can't recommend anything to you because your psu can't handle anything. You will need at least 450 watt+ psu. Sorry.
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 4:58:56 PM

you can go with HD 7750..as it doesn't require extra power..it take its power via pci slot itself..so can go with that.....without upgrading your psu...its not good gpu though you can manage to play on low resolution....your other system specs are good for gaming so go with 7750 and when you can afford go with decent psu (at least of 600 watt) and a new shining gpu HD 7950 or 7870 whatever you can afford...
7*** series is better then 6***..so instead of 6670 go with 7750
hope it will help..peace!!!!!
Related resources
November 3, 2012 5:01:11 PM

docxxx said:
you can go with HD 7750..as it doesn't require extra power..it take its power via pci slot itself..so can go with that.....without upgrading your psu...its not good gpu though you can manage to play on low resolution....your other system specs are good for gaming so go with 7750 and when you can afford go with decent psu (at least of 600 watt) and a new shining gpu HD 7950 or 7870 whatever you can afford...
hope it will help..peace!!!!!

I think he'll have to play the games he wants to on low and at low res so it'll look really bad.
November 3, 2012 5:04:25 PM

docxxx said:
you can go with HD 7750..as it doesn't require extra power..it take its power via pci slot itself..so can go with that.....without upgrading your psu...its not good gpu though you can manage to play on low resolution....your other system specs are good for gaming so go with 7750 and when you can afford go with decent psu (at least of 600 watt) and a new shining gpu HD 7950 or 7870 whatever you can afford...
7*** series is better then 6***..so instead of 6670 go with 7750
hope it will help..peace!!!!!



What is an inexpensive psu to go with? And how hard is it to do?
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 5:08:19 PM

didn't get you...you want to buy a new psu or what...???
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 5:09:14 PM

Limerick said:
I think he'll have to play the games he wants to on low and at low res so it'll look really bad.

its true but without psu upgrade 7750 is the way to go....
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 5:09:55 PM

dataflex5 said:
What is an inexpensive psu to go with? And how hard is it to do?

didn't get you...you want to buy a new psu or what...???
November 3, 2012 5:10:07 PM

I guess I'll upgrade the psu

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 5:16:34 PM
Share

dataflex5 said:
I guess I'll upgrade the psu

i personally like corsair( they are best in making PSU with quality components)...so here are two choices....you might found it expensive but i really think whenever you buy psu go with branded one..it increase life of your system


corsair GS 600 watt...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

corsair TX 650 watt
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
November 4, 2012 12:07:07 AM

Best answer selected by dataflex5.
!