Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which one of these Desktops are worth more for its price?

Last response: in Systems
December 21, 2012 11:28:16 PM

Intel Core i5 3570k(3.40GHz)
8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
500 standard watt
ASROCK H61M-HVS, uATX

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz
GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI
600 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series CX600 V2
GTX 670 2GB

Extra info: I do not plan to upgrade or SLC.

Thanks in advance!

More about : desktops worth price

December 21, 2012 11:36:27 PM

I'd say the second one looks better for it's price but it's close.
m
l
December 21, 2012 11:39:26 PM

Get the second one, the first has a h61 mobo lol, a cheap crappy no name brand psu 500w and a mid-end card.
The second has a decent board z77, a high-end card and a decent psu.
That said, both are well overpriced, you can have buy the components then assemble in a pc shop for less price and for better components.
m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2012 11:51:56 PM

What do you use your computer for? And can you provide links? If you are a gamer than you will be much happier with the second one and I think the upgrades from the first are worth the price, but if you are like me and use 300GB at the max on your hardrive then the first one is a better value, however the second will perform much better in a demanding game. I think you would get much more value building your own computer though. The second one does have a better motherboard and likely has better integrated parts so that's another reason you would want to go with the second if you use a lot of USB ports and things. I could help more if you tell your computer habits and provide links to the two computers.
m
l
a b å Intel
December 21, 2012 11:57:42 PM

2nd one. Its got a far stronger GPU, twice the storage capacity and you actually know the PSU is good. The other I suspect is generic.
m
l
December 22, 2012 12:03:57 AM

sm620 said:
What do you use your computer for? And can you provide links? If you are a gamer than you will be much happier with the second one and I think the upgrades from the first are worth the price, but if you are like me and use 300GB at the max on your hardrive then the first one is a better value, however the second will perform much better in a demanding game. I think you would get much more value building your own computer though. The second one does have a better motherboard and likely has better integrated parts so that's another reason you would want to go with the second if you use a lot of USB ports and things. I could help more if you tell your computer habits and provide links to the two computers.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/cart/showcart.aspx?ref=upd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Gonna use the computer for gaming and internet only.
m
l
December 22, 2012 12:06:20 AM

Second one. Better graphics and motherboard.
m
l

Best solution

December 22, 2012 12:41:55 AM

the first link leads to the shopping cart and I can't find one that is the same price, but if you play any high performance games go with the second one because you will get a much better Graphics card and I think that is worth the extra money plus the 670 has many more cores than the 660 so that will make you internet browser respond more quickly. I've been really happy with my 660 ti but that will be much faster than the normal 660 the first one has. The 670 is a step up from mine so I think you will really like the second one. I can play most games on max and still get 61 fps(I put a 61 fps limiter on it) The second one will be able to play games on max even in the next few years when games get more graphicaly intense. The first one looks like the cooling isn't as good as all the ones on the wesite the second one is from.

The second one has better graphics, better storage capacity, a better motherboard, and might have better cooling. I think all that is worth the extra $250.
December 22, 2012 12:44:39 AM

Best answer selected by brown hash.
m
l
!