HELP!!! Installing AMD display driver

kensic

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
I am about this break my computer because i can't do this SIMPLE SIMPLE task!!! *i am not retarded*

my brother bought an DELL XPS 8500 desktop and it comes with a dedicated HD 7570 card, but he doesn't want to use it....their i get to have it *yes finally a dedicated card for my own computer, i know im poor*

so i went along and downloaded the newest driver from AMD DRIVER .COM version 12.10 here

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

after installation i can not open "catalyst control center" it's NOT in "right click" on desktop screen.

the ATI TECHNOLOGIES folder is always empty,

i have tried un-installing and reinstalling over and over and over again. and always the same issues.

i have tried many methods of completely remove all trace of AMD stuff and re-installing.

with that 12.10 driver package i downloaded. i went under "custom" to see what actually installs

i see only 3 things

1. AMD Catalyst Install Manager
2. AMD APP SDK Runtime
3. HDMI/DP Audio Driver.

no Catalyst Control Center on that list.

help please!!!! this is so simple and i can't even do it....so frustrating!!!

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

have you installed your gpu properly in mobo??? detach your gpu then again seat it well in pci e slot ,,remove all previous driver you can use driver sweeper to remove leftover files

then install driver with EXPRESS option..don't install via custom..it might omit installation of ccc...

kensic

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
ok i solved!

since this is an OEM card from Dell, the only driver works is the one from dell.

this oem card doesn't get any support from AMD directly