How to uninstall service pack 2

I had automatic updates for windows xp turned on.
Service pack 2 was automatically installed on my pc.
Ever since then, my cdrw drives will burn cd's from the
hard drive, but they will not read any form of cd. I
want to dispose of this service pack 2. Is there any
easy way to just remove this part, or do I have to
reinstall xp all together?
2 answers Last reply
More about uninstall service pack

    Open the console, Add/Remove Programs, look for SP2 and and remove it.

    Personally I think your cutting off your nose to spite your face, but it's
    your system not mine. I would fix the CD rather than dump the OS.

    Gary

    "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had automatic updates for windows xp turned on.
    > Service pack 2 was automatically installed on my pc.
    > Ever since then, my cdrw drives will burn cd's from the
    > hard drive, but they will not read any form of cd. I
    > want to dispose of this service pack 2. Is there any
    > easy way to just remove this part, or do I have to
    > reinstall xp all together?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hey I'm going to uninstall this thing too. Ever since I
    installed SP2 my Hewlett Packard psc 2210 won't receive
    faxes, won't allow me to control the fax functions from
    the desktop and won't scan. HP is of no help, but it
    worked fine before SP2.

    Damn I hate it when Microsoft makes us their science
    project lab rats.

Drivers Windows XP