Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need a GPU capable playing BF3 on ULTRA 60FPS constant @ 1080p

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 3, 2012 6:41:09 PM

I am currently looking to get new GPU capable of playing BF3 multiplayer @ 60 FPS consistent with Ultra settings @ 1080p. I currently have a gtx 570 and have to play on medium to get the 60 FPS consistently I need to enjoy the game. I have considered O/C my CPU to 4.5 GHZ but not really sure its going to give me the FPS.

My specs are

2500K @ stock speeds with stock H/S
ASUS DirectCUII GTX 570 @ Stock voltages and speeds
ASUS Z68 V GEN3
8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHZ
XFX 850WATT 80+Silver
120GB SSD OCZ Vertex SATA II
1TB Seagate HDD
November 3, 2012 6:45:11 PM

The AMD 7950 will fit the bill. Just overclock it to around 1250MHz+ and boom a nice 60-75fps in it. I have sapphire 7950 vapor-x. Before I got my second one it was getting the fps, now it's getting just over 90.
Related resources
November 3, 2012 6:54:43 PM

samuelohagan said:
Yea the 7950 is a great choice if you are willing to overclock, if you are not willing to overclock the amd 7870 will also work

Here is a good 7950 with a massive fan for $300, this will allow you to reach 7970/gtx 680 speeds.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For $100 less the 7870 is a good buy, if you are not going to overclock

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I completely forgot to link him the card. Haha. But it seems that the vapor-x is sold out. That sucks. It's a beast of a card
a c 291 U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 7:03:22 PM

I doubt anything less than HD 7970 or GTX 670 would achieve what the OP is after.
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 7:24:46 PM

Sunius is right and even the 670 I doubt

SLI 570's witha 2600K at 4.5ghz couldn't top it out at 60fps all the time
Im not thinking it was a frame buffer issue as it only dipped below 60 due to head spinning
November 3, 2012 7:31:22 PM

I think you are going to need to stay with a GTX 670, GTX 680 or HD 7970.
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 7:46:23 PM

yeah, definitely a gtx 670 or 680 or a 7970, but the nvidia would be favorable for bf3, and you can get a 670 for like 360 bucks right now for the gigabyte gtx 670 at some places. i havent got bf3 delivered yet, but my gtx 670 will probly handle it really well.
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 8:27:55 PM

user_account_ said:
I am currently looking to get new GPU capable of playing BF3 multiplayer @ 60 FPS consistent with Ultra settings @ 1080p. I currently have a gtx 570 and have to play on medium to get the 60 FPS consistently I need to enjoy the game. I have considered O/C my CPU to 4.5 GHZ but not really sure its going to give me the FPS.

My specs are

2500K @ stock speeds with stock H/S
ASUS DirectCUII GTX 570 @ Stock voltages and speeds
ASUS Z68 V GEN3
8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHZ
XFX 850WATT 80+Silver
120GB SSD OCZ Vertex SATA II
1TB Seagate HDD

uh did you say 4.5Ghz with the stock cooler are you trying to get a new cpu because if you do that you will need a new one
November 4, 2012 5:02:51 PM

devilofdeaths said:
uh did you say 4.5Ghz with the stock cooler are you trying to get a new cpu because if you do that you will need a new one

No I would be getting a aftermarket cooler of course. Don't want to fry my CPU. XD
November 4, 2012 5:05:56 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. The funny thing is If I lower the resolution to say 720p I can Ultra BF3 and no problems at all but of course 1080P is the resolution for winner XD. I think I may go with a GTX670 not really a fan of overclocking £300-400 GPU's. I guess I will check out some in depth benchmarks its a shame really that most benchmarks are only done on going hunting not on MP. thanks again people for your input.
November 4, 2012 5:09:48 PM

samuelohagan said:
Yea the 7950 is a great choice if you are willing to overclock, if you are not willing to overclock the amd 7870 will also work

Here is a good 7950 with a massive fan for $300, this will allow you to reach 7970/gtx 680 speeds.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For $100 less the 7870 is a good buy, if you are not going to overclock

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the info but are you sure that a 7870 will be able to give the results I need. I am in the UK and the card retails for £211. and is less than the card I have now and would leave me to think that it would not be able to push ultra @ 1080P. Thanks for giving me options to think about either way.
!