Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My first build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 21, 2012 5:11:09 AM

This is my first gaming build I was just wondering if everything was compatible and any suggestions for better products for the money. i would like to not go above $1700. I have a mouse was thinking of getting a gaming keyboard but i dont know what one yet.
i wanted to do dual monitor in the future too so was wondering if i could do it with this video card. If you could i would appreciate a little knowledge on SSD's, like what there for i dont know much so anything would be appriciated.

CPU: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681911650...
CPU Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Motherboard: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681315729...
Memory: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682023156...
Storage: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682214884...
Storage: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Video Card: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681416211...
Case: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681111919...
Power Supply: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681713901...
Optical Drive: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682710628...
Monitor: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682423605...
Operating system: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683211698...
Total: 1633.88

More about : build

December 21, 2012 6:25:08 AM

Quote:
This is my first gaming build I was just wondering if everything was compatible and any suggestions for better products for the money. i would like to not go above $1700. I have a mouse was thinking of getting a gaming keyboard but i dont know what one yet.
i wanted to do dual monitor in the future too so was wondering if i could do it with this video card. If you could i would appreciate a little knowledge on SSD's, like what there for i dont know much so anything would be appriciated.

CPU: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681911650...
CPU Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Motherboard: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681315729...
Memory: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682023156...
Storage: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682214884...
Storage: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Video Card: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681416211...
Case: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681111919...
Power Supply: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681713901...
Optical Drive: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682710628...
Monitor: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682423605...
Operating system: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683211698...
Total: 1633.88


You got a pretty good build there..RAM is kind of overkill..n you will need to look at a different brand for the GPU..and maybe the SSD too..if you put this build together then i'm sure you can do some more research and clear everything out yourself..good luck with the build
m
0
l
December 21, 2012 6:28:35 AM

And also let us know what changes you make :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 3:14:05 AM

This is my first build just wanted to ask if everything was compatible, and good. This build is mostly for gaming and everyday use. If you guys think i should get any different parts then ive picked then just comment and tell me why unless its obvious. i have never done anything like this before so any input would be great. I already have a mouse and keyboard so i dont need them. Thanks for your time.

Here's my build:
CPU: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681911650...
CPU Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Motherboard: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681315729...
Memory: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682023156...
Storage: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682214884...
Storage: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Case: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681111919...
Power Supply: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681713901...
Optical Drive: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682710628...
Monitor: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682423605...
Operating system: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683211698...
Total: $1650.83
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 4:24:32 AM

Everything is compatible and looks great. Although, I'm going to still make a couple of recommendations. First off, I would definitely recommend you grab low profile RAM (short heatspreaders). This way, you won't run into clearance issues with your RAM and CPU cooler. Try this RAM...

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want to save some money without sacrificing much performance, I would suggest you grab the MSI GTX 670 Power edition instead of the 680.

MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Other than that, everything else looks like solid choices. Here's a SSD recommendation. You get more storage for the same price. And Adata is a highly reputable company. They make good quality hardware.

ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 7:58:01 AM

Nice build actually, there's nothing wrong with it.

For the SSD replacement, pick this Samsung 840 Pro, it's the most reliable and fast SSD out there.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For the GPU, nothing wrong with it. The additional 7% performance increase from the GTX 670 to GTX 680 doesn't justify the additional $, the EVGA card looks sexy and there's no issues with it.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 1:12:01 PM

DeusAres said:
Everything is compatible and looks great. Although, I'm going to still make a couple of recommendations. First off, I would definitely recommend you grab low profile RAM (short heatspreaders). This way, you won't run into clearance issues with your RAM and CPU cooler. Try this RAM...

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want to save some money without sacrificing much performance, I would suggest you grab the MSI GTX 670 Power edition instead of the 680.

MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Other than that, everything else looks like solid choices. Here's a SSD recommendation. You get more storage for the same price. And Adata is a highly reputable company. They make good quality hardware.

ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Do you think i have to much ram? and i made the changes to the SSD, and with the graphics card will i notice the performance loss? Can i do dual monitor with this video card because i was thinking of doing it in the future.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 2:36:28 PM

Well, for gaming, 16gb isn't needed. 8gb will be more than enough.

And yes, you'll be able to run a dual monitor setup with the GTX 670. This particular GTX 670 is as strong as a GTX 680 out of the box. If you want, you could even overclock it farther. There's very little performance loss between the GTX 680 and the GTX 670. It won't be noticeable. The GTX 680 is primarily for bragging rights.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:55:06 PM

DeusAres said:
Well, for gaming, 16gb isn't needed. 8gb will be more than enough.

And yes, you'll be able to run a dual monitor setup with the GTX 670. This particular GTX 670 is as strong as a GTX 680 out of the box. If you want, you could even overclock it farther. There's very little performance loss between the GTX 680 and the GTX 670. It won't be noticeable. The GTX 680 is primarily for bragging rights.



alright thanks for the information i appreciate it.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 4:06:54 PM

No problem; good luck with your build! :) 
m
0
l
December 23, 2012 8:55:42 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • New build Advice
    m
    0
    l
    !