BSOD x00124 Windows7 i7-3770k

WildWillWest

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hello,
I just built a new system a month ago for video and photo editing and have been getting BSOD randomly. Here are the hardware specs for the system.

Intel i7-3770k
Asrock z77 Extreme 4 mobo
4x 8gb gskill ripjaws 1600mhz
kingston hyperX 120gb SSD
WD Black 1TB 7200rpm HD
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 575w PSU
Coolermaster StormTrooper Case

So, lets start from the beginning. I recieved all the parts for the system from new egg and put the pc together. I started the system without connecting any of the harddrives first. The system posted fine and everything looked ok in the bios. I shut the system down and installed the SSD. I booted into bios and the harddrive was reconized and everything looked good (memory-reconized, cpu-40c, etc.).
I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate with no problems. I then restarted and installed Mobo Drivers. I made sure the system was running fine for a day and then installed adobe premiere cs6. Everything worked fine for a day or two after this until i started getting BSOD x000124 randomly. It seems the system will run for anywhere between 10min and 2 hours until eventually BSOD. I thought it was a problem with the drivers, so I downloaded the newest drivers from ASrock and from Intel and started installing new drivers. I was still getting the same BSOD randomly. So, I installed windows on the other HD and got the exact same results a few days later. I have tried updating my bios to a newer version. I have checked my memory with memtest and there seem to be no errors. I have tried several different memory configs(1 stick, 2sticks, 4sticks). I have reinstalled windows multiple times and actually used a different version(win7pro64) once and got the same result. I dont know what to do at this point!!! I feel like I have exhausted all of the possibilities of getting this system to work on a regular basis. ANY help would be much appreciated. Thank you

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
0x00000124 is a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It indicates a hardware error.

As for which piece of hardware caused it, I can't say. We can rule out the hard drive and probably your RAM. Try using Core Temp to check for overheating. Run a blend test in Prime 95 for at least 30 mins and monitor how high the temperatures get. Anything over ~75C is getting toasty.

It usually helps if you can upload your minidump files somewhere for us to analyse. They are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. I'm not great at analysing them myself but I'm sure someone else will be able to!

EDIT
Just seen original post date >.> Problem still ongoing or did you sort it?