Blue screens and FPS drops

Boon20

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hello,
I recently put together this new rig and have been frustrated with it for days. I have been trying to run Farcry 3 On ultra and I keep crashing. I ran it with updated GPU drivers and I even tried the beta drivers. I have tried reformatting and I even RMA'd my first 7870 back because it was clearly defective. Did I pick some bad parts that don't work together or something? Any help or advice would be great.
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
MSI HD 7870 Hawk
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64bit

Hello & Welcome.

Try to be specific on your problem? How do you crash? Do the BSOD happen only while gaming?

First make sure that all of your drivers are up to date, then do a complete test on your rig, run Prime 95 for stability, Furmark for GPU test and some other benchmark softwares to make sure nothing wrong in your components.

Then make sure that your RAM timings are correct in BIOS, run Memtest 86 and see if it reports any errors.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Sounds like you're overheating. You may not have seated the heatsink correctly. Get something to monitor your temps (HWMonitor is good) and run Prime95. Post your temps back here, and stop Prime95 if it jumps up into the 80s or 90s.

TRENDING THREADS