Closed Solved

PC to TV Connection

I connected my pc to a tv (using HDMI cable), however only the video comes through to the tv.

My video card is Radeon 5850.

I have enabled the HDMI option in the audio properties of my pc sound card. What am I missing here? Thanks for any info.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connection
  1. did you right click the white speaker icon (near clock) select playback devices and set default to amd hdmi output?
  2. te100 said:
    did you right click the white speaker icon (near clock) select playback devices and set default to amd hdmi output?

I belive this is the answer that will solve the OP's question.
  3. Very glad to come here, hope to know more friends, hope to be able to help others solve some of the problems.Here, of course, you are also interested in the digital photo frame can also pay attention to my digitalframe8.
  4. Best answer
    PC OS only use one playback hardware at time. Your PC has 2 playback hardware..External Soundcard and The Sound chip on the GPU card 5850. As stated on earlier recommendations...

Go Control Panel
    Select Sound Option
    On the Sound Option Selec "HDMI" as your default output.

You may need to reboot the PC if the sound don't transfer immediately. Its not supposed to be but i have seen this happen on some of my hardware.

cheers
  5. Best answer selected by azbytes.
  6. Thanks leon!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon TV Connection HDMI Graphics