PC to TV Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

azbytes

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I connected my pc to a tv (using HDMI cable), however only the video comes through to the tv.

My video card is Radeon 5850.

I have enabled the HDMI option in the audio properties of my pc sound card. What am I missing here? Thanks for any info.

Solution
PC OS only use one playback hardware at time. Your PC has 2 playback hardware..External Soundcard and The Sound chip on the GPU card 5850. As stated on earlier recommendations...

Go Control Panel
Select Sound Option
On the Sound Option Selec "HDMI" as your default output.

You may need to reboot the PC if the sound don't transfer immediately. Its not supposed to be but i have seen this happen on some of my hardware.

cheers

lakyberry

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

I belive this is the answer that will solve the OP's question.

Resheidat1987

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Very glad to come here, hope to know more friends, hope to be able to help others solve some of the problems.Here, of course, you are also interested in the digital photo frame can also pay attention to my digitalframe8.

leon2006

Distinguished
PC OS only use one playback hardware at time. Your PC has 2 playback hardware..External Soundcard and The Sound chip on the GPU card 5850. As stated on earlier recommendations...

Go Control Panel
Select Sound Option
On the Sound Option Selec "HDMI" as your default output.

You may need to reboot the PC if the sound don't transfer immediately. Its not supposed to be but i have seen this happen on some of my hardware.

cheers

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.