Sign in with
Your question

Please help, new 7850 card makes display crappy catalyst fail or card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 3, 2012 10:39:56 PM

so i just built a new computer i was using a crappy gtx 120 graphic card, computer and display looked amazing....

got my new radeon 7850 in the mail yesterday, take out the gtx 120, put in my new radeon, install drivers and it installs catalyst 12.10

display look horrible now! pictures look grainy the smaller they get, text on computer and internet on all browsers looks blurry and skinny its making me wanna rip my hair out cuz the crap text,

both the radeon and crappy low grade gtx are both in 1360 x 768 resolution, i have this computer and my other computer that has a radeon hooked up to my same TV, and the 10 year old computer is beating this new high end one in the display department.

they are hooked to same tv and just changing the channel between them i can tell the old computer is better......

i took a screen shot on this computer to show the crappy display, i put it on photobucket, and went on other computer and downloaded the new computers screen shot, open it up on my old computer, and the image looks FINE!!!

what the heck? so apparently my crappy text is only happening for this computer and even a screen shot wont show whats wrong

what does this mean????

heres my computer specs

how come my graphic card isnt showing a temp in the speccy? even the gtx 120 showed its temp....

did i get a crap card or something?
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 10:59:06 PM

I recommend you go to AMD's website and get the latest CATALYST drivers. If that doesn't work... AMD FAIL
m
l
November 3, 2012 11:00:52 PM

Rockdpm said:
I recommend you go to AMD's website and get the latest CATALYST drivers. If that doesn't work... AMD FAIL

there is no such thing as any higher catalyst drivers lol, im at max v__v
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 11:13:19 PM

go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and click on clear type and make sure that is turned on.

Your graphics card in the screen shot is showing its running at 29hz, that is rather low. Not sure what kind of tv you have but i recommend setting it to 60hz if you can.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\advanced settings\monitor\

Adjust screen refresh rate to 60hertz
m
l
November 4, 2012 12:03:00 AM

boju said:

Your graphics card in the screen shot is showing its running at 29hz, that is rather low. Not sure what kind of tv you have but i recommend setting it to 60hz if you can.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\advanced settings\monitor\

Adjust screen refresh rate to 60hertz

thats one of the annoying things, on this same HDTV, with the gtx 120 i had my resolution set to 1360 x 768 @ 60hertz

well when i tell this computer to put it at 1360 x 768 it will only do 30hz and if i set it to 60hz it makes my resolution change to something called 720p making my resolution 1280 x 720 x 60hz

which i absolutly hate it that size, but idk how to make it stick on 1360 x 768 x 60
m
l
a c 166 U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 12:12:20 AM

Your settings are incorrect in the Catalyst Control Panel. It is NOT a hardware issue.

If you are using an HDMI input, then you need the proper NTSC_720p60 setting.

If you are using a PC input on the HDTV, then your TV is treated like a monitor so you just choose 1360x768.

*You have chosen an incorrect screen setting and the HDTV is thus stretching it incorrectly.
m
l
November 4, 2012 12:16:46 AM

photonboy said:
Your settings are incorrect in the Catalyst Control Panel. It is NOT a hardware issue.

If you are using an HDMI input, then you need the proper NTSC_720p60 setting.

If you are using a PC input on the HDTV, then your TV is treated like a monitor so you just choose 1360x768.

*You have chosen an incorrect screen setting and the HDTV is thus stretching it incorrectly.

my old computer is hooked to my tv right now via VGA connection cable, and my 7850 card in my new computer is using a HDMI, so your correct there, cuz its the only cable i have that will work in the 7850 cuz it doesnt have a VGA outlet on it,

how can i set up my catalyst correctly ? do you know what i messed up on?

i cant picture i messed anything up, cuz it was like this the first time the graphic card got plugged in and computer came on... so not sure what to do
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 1:07:48 AM

Your problem is you thing your right about everything and that anything we recommend you try is wrong to you because you won't admit your wrong on anything.... 12.10 is not the latest catalyst driver. Have you tried other drivers, ex:12.8
m
l
November 4, 2012 1:11:44 AM

Rockdpm said:
Your problem is you thing your right about everything and that anything we recommend you try is wrong to you because you won't admit your wrong on anything.... 12.10 is not the latest catalyst driver. Have you tried other drivers, ex:12.8

what do you mean? i never said anyone was wrong or that i was right, and yes 12.10 is the latest version of catalyst, it just came out on october 23th, so im not sure what your talking about, and 12.8 is an older version, i rather not downgrade unless its a last resort
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 1:20:23 AM

See what you yet to understand that when a driver doesn't work for you..... you downgrade or upgrade, and btw here is the link for 12.11. Trust me man, there is a reason why I have a graphics and display badge on my name

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1...
m
l
November 4, 2012 1:28:21 AM

Rockdpm said:
See what you yet to understand that when a driver doesn't work for you..... you downgrade or upgrade, and btw here is the link for 12.11. Trust me man, there is a reason why I have a graphics and display badge on my name

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1...

i usually dont liek downloading beta's cuz they arnt bug proof, but ill do it in this case,

but how come my speccy isnt picking up my cards heat? this scares the crap out of me im scared to run a game (havent even tried yet) cuz if i cant monitor the heat i could be screwing myself
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 1:31:04 AM

I recommend MSI afterburner or gpu-z go monitor your graphics card temps
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:05:16 AM

Rockdpm said:
I recommend MSI afterburner or gpu-z go monitor your graphics card temps

im a bit sad those 2 temp sensors you listed for me show the temps in celseus, i only know ferinhieght but i googled it and if its right, my card is reaching 105 degree's .... that cannot be healthy at all
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:10:56 AM

what are they reading your temps at? did you get 105 from calculating something from google or is it actually saying 105degrees in those two programs?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:19:25 AM

the measurement calculation used is in Celsius. 105 degrees Fahrenheit is nothing to be worried about.

Exactly 105°F is equal to 40.56°C. Max running temperature of the 7 series radeon is approx 86c even though they can get much hotter and still run, i wouldn’t recommend it.
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:24:07 AM

tjhall1000 said:
im a bit sad those 2 temp sensors you listed for me show the temps in celseus, i only know ferinhieght but i googled it and if its right, my card is reaching 105 degree's .... that cannot be healthy at all

Here's what your reaction should be:

70C-80C, Somewhat concerned
90C, Very concerned
100C or higher, Turn off the computer

Also, 40C is usually considered a very good temperature.
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:25:17 AM

boju said:
the measurement calculation used is in Celsius. 105 degrees Fahrenheit is nothing to be worried about.

Exactly 105°F is equal to 40.56°C. Max running temperature of the 7 series radeon is approx 86c even though they can get much hotter and still run, i wouldn’t recommend it.

the 2 temp sensor programs he said would work are telling me its reaching 41c while gaming which is a steaming 105 degree's in F, 32F is what water freezes at... so my card is hitting 105F,

on idle, my card is only 20c

sory guys maybe im jsut getting confused, in michigan we dont use C, we use F so i really get confused , and these temp measure programs are using C so its beyond me lol
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:32:22 AM

dude ok computer hardware is measured in celcius not F. So temp wise as long as your card is running in the 30's on the celcuis or lower then your fine... don't go by F when checking temps... just screws everything up...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:36:49 AM

yea, if your card was running at something like 186F or more i would be shitting myself haha :) 

Like Rock said, go by celcius. If you're still worried, calculate using google.

go to google and type this 86 degrees celcius to farenheit or which ever number you want to calculate and google will do it for you :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:42:53 AM

Your cards definitely fine, 105c you would be getting some kind of feedback from the card

What make and model is your tv?

m
l
November 4, 2012 2:50:20 AM

paddys09 said:
Your cards definitely fine, 105c you would be getting some kind of feedback from the card

What make and model is your tv?

32in hdtv 1080i. but thats all i know about my screen

ill probly jsut get an vga to dvi adaptor and try running my tv in the dvi slot, cuz ppl seem to think my graphical issues are the HDMI if it doesnt help ill just RMA this card back to newegg i guess

this is the card i have
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:56:15 AM

Thats your problem, 60i translates to 30p theoretically

A friend was trying to set up his computer to his tv recently and he was having a similar issue, VGA worked fine and would set his resolution at the maximum progressive res but when connected via HDMI it would always go to 1080i...

How does it look at 1280x720? why can't you use that?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:59:06 AM

your tv is only going to do 1080i then.. just like my tv. I have a samsung 32 inch and its 1080p when i played on xbox.. but if i plug my PC up to it... its 1080i.. to be honest not much difference to me between 1080i and 720p
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:04:33 AM

I don't really think PC's work @1080i, this one didn't anyway looked like what the OP was describing, we ended up just using VGA again and were able to get a max of 1440x900 with everything being normal...

Was 1st time I had experienced it, had me scratching my head for about half an hour...He ended up just getting a better TV as the one he had was an off brand and didnt have many options to play about with, maybe Samsung is different
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:05:34 AM

His tv will only allow 30hz @ 1080i (1360x768)

Having the display set to 720p (1280x720) @ 60hz will look and feel better. Lower the dpi size if you need to adjust the icon the txt sizes.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\'Make text and other items larger or smaller'

Then choose which one suits you best.

Hope it helps.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:12:52 AM

Again playing about with dpi and windows text settings didn't help with my mates tv.... 1080i just seemed to be a no go, definitely give it a shot though....

Also look for a PC mode on your TV, you hardly want to be locked at 30hz with a 7850 anyways

m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:22:46 AM

oh no i meant about the op’s post previously about hating the size given when set at 1280x720 and in correlation of your post asking what was wrong with it.

In suggesting it might give a better picture set at 720p and especially set to 60hz and if size was a bother setting dpi settings might help if the op didn’t know.

TV manufacturers have done some weird things when it comes to hdmi.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:33:36 AM

Ah right, makes sense....sorry skimmed your post a bit too quickly...

Yea HDMI really was the fail connection on earlier tv's...Even on 1080p TV's pc gaming can be pretty awful...I sometimes game on my 40" samsung 1080p with an xbox controller and it ghosts like a bee hatch
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:44:22 AM

Its fine dude :) 

Yea it can be awful with the inbuilt filters and doesn’t help with lcd panels used in TVs are meant for more eye kandy rather than quick refresh rates.

I game on plasmas personally for that reason although if they made lcd tvs with the same panels used in monitors, it’d be a different story. Cost too much is probably the reason.

I hope the op can sort it out.
m
l
November 4, 2012 3:44:40 AM

boju said:
His tv will only allow 30hz @ 1080i (1360x768)

Having the display set to 720p (1280x720) @ 60hz will look and feel better. Lower the dpi size if you need to adjust the icon the txt sizes.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\'Make text and other items larger or smaller'

Then choose which one suits you best.

Hope it helps.

eh 1280 x720 looks ok but im not use to it, my other computer is hooked to this tv its on the PC channel though, this computer is on the HDMI 1 channel,

my othe rpc plays 1368 x 768 at 60hz just perfectly, so im not sure why this computer wont do it...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:51:28 AM

ok try this, perhaps your tv is capable of running 60hz at that resolution if that’s the case.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\advanced settings\monitor

try unchecking 'hide modes that this monitor cannot display' and set it to 1368 x 768 at 60hz .

My guess is your old pc (same os?) identifies your tv better then the new computer, possibly the driver handling the tv in your new pc cannot identify it's potential correctly.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 3:53:05 AM

Im not sure but HDMI seems to react a bit funny with certain 1080i TV's in my experience...if it looks ok then leave it, its not that much of a difference...

Or other options include...Buying a better tv, or honestly a proper monitor... much better experience!

Or connecting via a high quality VGA cable and you might even get 1440x900... did you not get a DVI to VGA adapter with your card?
m
l
November 4, 2012 5:11:32 AM

paddys09 said:

Or connecting via a high quality VGA cable and you might even get 1440x900... did you not get a DVI to VGA adapter with your card?

nope they didnt give crap with the card, u would think for 200+ dollars you would have got a little something more other then manuals

ill just have to buy a adaptor on ebay or something
m
l
November 4, 2012 5:45:06 AM

boju said:
ok try this, perhaps your tv is capable of running 60hz at that resolution if that’s the case.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution\advanced settings\monitor

try unchecking 'hide modes that this monitor cannot display' and set it to 1368 x 768 at 60hz .

My guess is your old pc (same os?) identifies your tv better then the new computer, possibly the driver handling the tv in your new pc cannot identify it's potential correctly.

ive never had issues with resolution on my other computer or this comptuer when it had the gtx 120 graphic card, they all ran 1360 x 768 x 60hz jsut fine, im not sure whats wrong with this new graphic card or why it keeps defulting my 1360 x 768 to 30hz i went to where you said, and unchecked it the only 2 options are still 29hz and 30hz. no 60 v__v
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 5:47:27 AM

Did you try 12.11?
m
l
November 4, 2012 6:37:23 AM

amuffin said:
Did you try 12.11?

yes but didnt work, and when i go to advanced display and cllick list all modes, 1360x768 60hz isnt even in the list, just 29 and 30 both interlaced or w,e that means, this is raelly starting to get annoying lol, i guess jsut cuz im using HDMI cable that its messing with my resolution refresh rate
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 9:43:09 AM

tjhall1000 said:
nope they didnt give crap with the card, u would think for 200+ dollars you would have got a little something more other then manuals

ill just have to buy a adaptor on ebay or something

Yea anything above that 1280x720 will force you back to 30hz via HDMI, I had a feeling it was something to do with how the tv decoded the signal originally but then I found this on the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Although no maximum length for an HDMI cable is specified, signal attenuation (dependent on the cable's construction quality and conducting materials) limits usable lengths in practice.[67 said:
[68] HDMI 1.3 defines two cable categories: Category 1-certified cables, which have been tested at 74.5 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 720p60 and 1080i60), and Category 2-certified cables, which have been tested at 340 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 1080p60 and 2160p30).[62][69][70] Category 1 HDMI cables are marketed as "Standard" and Category 2 HDMI cables as "High Speed".[1] This labeling guideline for HDMI cables went into effect on October 17, 2008.[71][72] Category 1 and 2 cables can either meet the required parameter specifications for interpair skew, far-end crosstalk, attenuation and differential impedance, or they can meet the required nonequalized/equalized eye diagram requirements.[69] A cable of about 5 meters (16 ft) can be manufactured to Category 1 specifications easily and inexpensively by using 28 AWG (0.081 mm²) conductors.[67] With better quality construction and materials, including 24 AWG (0.205 mm²) conductors, an HDMI cable can reach lengths of up to 15 meters (49 ft).[67] Many HDMI cables under 5 meters of length that were made before the HDMI 1.3 specification can work as Category 2 cables, but only Category 2-tested cables are guaranteed to work.[73]

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, these are the following cable types defined for HDMI in general:[74][75]

Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p
Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
Automotive HDMI Cable
High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K, 3D and deep color
High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet ] Although no maximum length for an HDMI cable is specified, signal attenuation (dependent on the cable's construction quality and conducting materials) limits usable lengths in practice.[67] [68] HDMI 1.3 defines two cable categories: Category 1-certified cables, which have been tested at 74.5 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 720p60 and 1080i60), and Category 2-certified cables, which have been tested at 340 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 1080p60 and 2160p30).[62][69][70] Category 1 HDMI cables are marketed as "Standard" and Category 2 HDMI cables as "High Speed".[1] This labeling guideline for HDMI cables went into effect on October 17, 2008.[71][72] Category 1 and 2 cables can either meet the required parameter specifications for interpair skew, far-end crosstalk, attenuation and differential impedance, or they can meet the required nonequalized/equalized eye diagram requirements.[69] A cable of about 5 meters (16 ft) can be manufactured to Category 1 specifications easily and inexpensively by using 28 AWG (0.081 mm²) conductors.[67] With better quality construction and materials, including 24 AWG (0.205 mm²) conductors, an HDMI cable can reach lengths of up to 15 meters (49 ft).[67] Many HDMI cables under 5 meters of length that were made before the HDMI 1.3 specification can work as Category 2 cables, but only Category 2-tested cables are guaranteed to work.[73]

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, these are the following cable types defined for HDMI in general:[74][75]

Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p
Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
Automotive HDMI Cable
High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K, 3D and deep color
High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

It seems to suggest that there are HDMI cables that only support a maximum of 720p, so might be worthwhile trying a different cable to see if you can get 1366x768, No guarantees though....

I have never had issues like myself, seems theres more to HDMI than I originally thought... Its such a puzzling connection... I have seen this topic come up quite a lot on forums...blurry text etc when switching to HDMI always just assumed it was the person adjusting to a digital signal... Glad I came across my mates tv the other week, it has taught me a great deal....

Hope you get sorted anyway :) 
m
l
November 4, 2012 5:02:50 PM

paddys09 said:
Yea anything above that 1280x720 will force you back to 30hz via HDMI, I had a feeling it was something to do with how the tv decoded the signal originally but then I found this on the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

It seems to suggest that there are HDMI cables that only support a maximum of 720p, so might be worthwhile trying a different cable to see if you can get 1366x768, No guarantees though....

I have never had issues like myself, seems theres more to HDMI than I originally thought... Its such a puzzling connection... I have seen this topic come up quite a lot on forums...blurry text etc when switching to HDMI always just assumed it was the person adjusting to a digital signal... Glad I came across my mates tv the other week, it has taught me a great deal....

Hope you get sorted anyway :) 

so does this mean i need to make sure my HDMI cable is category 1 OR category 2? im assuming 1?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 5:21:10 PM

Yea according to that, check to see if yours is a category 1? not sure on how to go about doing that though..

Its honestly the first I've heard about it, I have bought a fair amount of HDMI cables and never had an issue with any of them being able to deliver a 1080p signal, but thought it was worth posting....

Seems like a bit of a slim chance though, if you have any others lying about you could try...I think the most likely problem is it is an issue with the tv itself though
m
l
November 4, 2012 5:22:45 PM

paddys09 said:
Yea according to that, check to see if yours is a category 1? not sure on how to go about doing that though..

Its honestly the first I've heard about it, I have bought a fair amount of HDMI cables and never had an issue with any of them being able to deliver a 1080p signal, but thought it was worth posting....

Seems like a bit of a slim chance though, if you have any others lying about you could try...I think the most likely problem is it is an issue with the tv itself though

well the one im using i got off ebay for 99 cents, for my 6 foot hdmi, i have another on the way plus a dvi to vga adaptor, so hopfully something works if not im just sending this back to newegg
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 5:39:18 PM

Could be the cause, again just thought it was worth bringing up...

If VGA worked on your old card im fairly certain that you will get the same result on this one as the real issue is with the tv so i would expect you will be getting 1366x768

I wouldnt return the card, if anything just look to getting a better tv/monitor... Not a great answer especially if you don't have the funds but the 7850 is a decent card you should enjoy it...

Hope everything gets sorted in the long run for you though :) , im sure all this was dissapointing to say the least..
m
l
November 5, 2012 3:57:49 AM

paddys09 said:

Hope everything gets sorted in the long run for you though :) , im sure all this was dissapointing to say the least..

lol yes disapointing indeed, ill just buy a tad more expensive hdmi and a vga to dvi adaptor and give those a shot before i blame the card,

but one more thing about the card im confused about

so i used heaven benchmark to test my card, also used furmark which i like furmark more,

but question is on youtube another guy tests his 7850 with heavenly he basically maxes out the test, and he gets like 40fps, his video is here and his stats are at the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMIOVIWu68

but when i put my test at the same as his and ran it, i ended up getting 10fps ...

but i dont think he is overclocked, but even if he is over clocked how can i get these stats? how much would i have to OC if i did?

i have never OC'd anythign before and really dont want to since im a poor chap and wouldnt wanna lower the life span of anything by OCing

heck my 8gb of 1866 ram are running at 1333 cuz i dont wanna lower the lifespan of my CPU by OCing,

m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 5, 2012 11:36:58 AM

Not knowing the exact system details of this person's computer will be difficult to know what has been done. But given the result is 30fps higher looks like the cpu or gpu or maybe both are overclocked. The memory frequencies will have little to no difference, im mean maybe 1 to 3fps between 1333 vs 1600 vs 1866 and neither will impact on cpu's life.

There are genuine tweaks you could try to improve on a software level. For example; AMD Fusion application used for freeing up system recourses (Will only work for AMD based systems cpu + gpu combinations, like yours) and 3d settings in Catalyst Control Centre.

It will help a little but don’t expect a miracle.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/fusion-for-deskt...

If you’re happy with your systems performance in the games you play then leave it.

A mild overclock isn’t hard to achieve although can be scary, the potential gains is a worthwhile free upgrade.

Replacing the stock cpu heatsink and fan with a Noctua NH-D14 cooler or equivalent if enough room inside the case would be the first step to adequately cool the cpu at increased speeds.

Researching your motherboard’s overclocking capabilities and reading overclocking guides based on your motherboard (or close to it) to get the gist of the common settings used by others will help you out. As long as you keep within the cpu, memory voltages and temperature thermal limits you should be fine with cpu longevity. Motherboards are pretty good nowadays with overclocking generally in mind and if something does go wrong, it won’t boot preventing any serious damage. Clearing the cmos (reset bios) either by removing battery or pressing a button is all it needs to try again.
m
l
November 5, 2012 6:22:06 PM

boju said:
Not knowing the exact system details of this person's computer will be difficult to know what has been done. But given the result is 30fps higher looks like the cpu or gpu or maybe both are overclocked. .

i asked the guy he said he GPU OC'd to 920 core and 1250 mem, and stock levels on CPU

this is what i have mine set as...

is it possible that hes getting 30 fps more just cuz he is using an i7 3.4ghz processor?

im only using a phenom II 965 black edition 3.4ghz

is his processor really making all the difference on this?

just want to know cuz if there shouldnt be a 30fps difference then maybe i did get a faulty card
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 5, 2012 7:31:32 PM

tjhall1000 said:
i asked the guy he said he GPU OC'd to 920 core and 1250 mem, and stock levels on CPU

this is what i have mine set as...

is it possible that hes getting 30 fps more just cuz he is using an i7 3.4ghz processor?

im only using a phenom II 965 black edition 3.4ghz

is his processor really making all the difference on this?

just want to know cuz if there shouldnt be a 30fps difference then maybe i did get a faulty card

Not very familiar with 7850's and benchmarks, but yea your scores seem a little low... I would expect at least 30fps+ with those settings on your machine, the CPU shouldn't nake much difference in this case

Heres Tom's Benchmark:

Match your settings up and see how you get on, make sure all forms of vsync are off even in CCC too as it may be locking you to 30fps as the frames arent getting high enough for 60, which reminds me what monitor are you doing this on? if you are @1080 30hz and vsync is on then that will be limiting you....

I have never seen a faulty card give bad fps, usually drivers etc.. Typical symptoms of a faulty card would be overheating, shutdowns, artifacts etc...

m
l
November 5, 2012 11:26:38 PM

paddys09 said:
Not very familiar with 7850's and benchmarks, but yea your scores seem a little low... I would expect at least 30fps+ with those settings on your machine, the CPU shouldn't nake much difference in this case

Heres Tom's Benchmark:

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Q/P/328849/original/Unigine.png

Match your settings up and see how you get on, make sure all forms of vsync are off even in CCC too as it may be locking you to 30fps as the frames arent getting high enough for 60, which reminds me what monitor are you doing this on? if you are @1080 30hz and vsync is on then that will be limiting you....

I have never seen a faulty card give bad fps, usually drivers etc.. Typical symptoms of a faulty card would be overheating, shutdowns, artifacts etc...

thanks for the chart, well in the chart the title says the stats it was run at, i didnt know the resolution so first scan i did i put the charts stats in and ran it in 1920 x 1080, i only got 24fps. and thats with me on a tad of an over clock

ran same stats as chart, but at 1260 x 720 and got 30fps

yea i have something set wrong for sure but i wish i could figure it out what it is,
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 6, 2012 12:15:08 AM

@720 you should be getting around twice as many fps...

..Might be worthwhile starting a new thread with a title along the lines of '7850 heaven benchmarks?' you'll be more likely to get responses from 7850 owners....

Did you disable vsync?
m
l
November 6, 2012 12:17:19 AM

paddys09 said:
@720 you should be getting around twice as many fps...

..Might be worthwhile starting a new thread with a title along the lines of '7850 heaven benchmarks?' you'll be more likely to get responses from 7850 owners....

Did you disable vsync?

yea it was disabled and yea i guess ill start a new one for 7850 cards then
m
l
!