Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 NVIDA changing resolution on me

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 3, 2012 11:20:19 PM

Hello,

I'm somewhat near sighted and have elected to run my 24" Dell in 1152 x 864. This used to work just fine on my NVIDIA 8800 until the latest update from NVIDA (iva Windows Update).
Now when set to my preferred resolution, I can be typing along and suddenly the screen goes blank and then is reset to 1920 x 1200 (the so called "preferred" (but not by me) setting).
Anyone have an idea if this is simply a bug or s there some setting I should be applying?
Please help!
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 12:45:27 AM

when you put the 1152x864 settings in nvidia panel did you press the apply button to keep those settings ?
November 13, 2012 11:20:38 PM

Yes. It works all the time, it just changes in an ad- hoc fashion hours or days after I've set it. Almost seems like the nvidia driver is "enforcing" what it thinks to be the optimum (default) resolution.

Btw I develop software for Windows, Linux, and Mac, so I am aware of how to perform settings. This is just changing on its own with no specific actions on my part to do so.

I can post nvidia info if helpful (and yes, I've looked at their site and have the latest driver installed).

a b $ Windows 7
November 14, 2012 12:36:38 AM

could be that the nvidia detect the max settings of the monitor panel and restore them after reboot ,i am using a ati card for now so if someone could give you some hint for the nvidia panel there welcome to do it
!