Router software for windows

G

i need a router software coneect two PCs withe network interface card????

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

A router doesn't need Windows software - it has everything it needs coded into it. If you have a router, cable each computer to it and it becomes the hub or centre of your network. If the computers are both set to be networked and to share files, you could start straight away.

Post back which version of Windows you're using and confirm that you have a router.

osmak

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Maybe he does not want to use a router. I think he wants to connect two PC directly with a cable. To do that you need a crossover cable not a regular cable, and you need to make sure that both PCs have IP address that belong to the same network address. For example let PC1 IP address be 192.168.0.1 and PC2 IP address be 192.168.0.2, and use 255.255.255.0 for the subnetmask.

sanjeet700

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
i need a router software coneect two PCs withe network interface card????

Look router is basically route the network. There is no any router software which is help you to connect 2 p.c.

you can connect it by normally lan cable, and configure private i.p on both the system. you can used it normally, else if you would like to have connect more then 2 system, in that case you can buy any second hand d-link switch or a hub.