Keep 5850 or upgrade now. Tags: Radeon New Build Graphics Last response: November 4, 2012 2:53 AM in Graphics & Displays Share orposer November 4, 2012 12:45:01 AM so i have a 5850 my buddy gave me to replace my 8800 gts after 4-5 years of it. what im wondering is. im doing a new build and im wondering if a 7870 or 7950 is worth getting now. or wait until the 8000 series comes out. More about : 5850 upgrade Deemo13 November 4, 2012 1:20:47 AM Its really up to you. If you are happy with it now, then keep it. If you feel that it can't play some games, you can consider upgrading. m 0 l jaideep1337 November 4, 2012 2:50:31 AM If I were you I would keep it. That card still has a lot of power left in it. I would wait for directx 12 or something to come out. m 0 l Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Get the answer Deemo13 November 4, 2012 2:53:04 AM I would keep it as well. Maybe its just because I like older video hardware. m 0 l Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Publish Related resources SolvedAlready upgraded by HDD and now upgrading to SSD and keep the HDD as well Forum SolvedKeep 4870 for now, or upgrade? Forum SolvedUpgraded Then Downgraded, Then Multiboot, now I want Only W8, Help me Keep my Stuff Forum Upgraded to the 5850, strange problem with Crysis now. Forum SolvedI keep seeing pixels on my screen every now and again Forum SolvedJust Upgraded My Motherboard and CPU, Now it keeps on crashing? Forum So I have an asus k55a notebook and I've upgraded the ram. The problem is that now my computer keeps crashing on me. I was won Forum SolvedOne question. I have two ports for RAM on my laptop.I have a 4GB DDR3 RAM. Want to buy a 8GB RAM now and still keep my 4GB R Forum Solvedremoved sdcard galaxy 2, now it doesn't work. want to keep data Forum SolvedI have an intel Haswell i5 4670k processor right now. Can I keep everything the same and switch out for an i7 4930 K or i7 496 Forum SolvedWorth an upgrade of my custom build or keep it? Forum SolvedDoes it make sense for me to use one 750ti as an "waiting for maxwell" upgrade to my two HD 5850s? Forum SolvedKeep the 5850 or go with a 460? Forum SolvedKeep 2x GTX260's or go 1x 5850 Forum SolvedUpgrade from 5850 Forum changed my boot menu one night and now my computer has lost the administrator i keep getting a pop up saying cont Forum SolvedHello, I want to upgrade my EVGA GeForce GTX 660 and I want to upgrade to a EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified. As of now, I have Forum SolvedWhat should I upgrade next to keep up with newer games? Forum SolvedHow to upgrade to pro - now that anytime upgrade no longer available Forum SolvedUpgrading from 32bit Win8 to 64bit. Anyway to keep my documents? Forum More resources Read discussions in other Graphics & Displays categories Ati GPUs Graphics Cards Gtx HD Monitors SLI Crossfire Tuner Cards Radeon Video Diamond Multimedia Matrox Nvidia Palit PowerColor Asus Games !