Status
Not open for further replies.

kevil4613

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Whenever i try to use the hdmi port for video and audio, i get choppy sounds. What I mean is that there will be sounds for about 2 - 4 secs then silence for 2 - 4 secs then sound again then silence again.
My setup is MSI 890 GXM , 1090T , 4x4 Mushkin Silverline , AX850 , Crucial M4 256 and HD 7970 plugged via hdmi to a Sony Bravia 40" tv.
The problem only showed up after I switched from my HD 6990.
I tried reinstalling drivers, new install of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, different hdmi cables and different ports.
Help please.

Solution
Heya mate.

I've been having the same problem. But I found a temporary fix on some other forum.

On the Catalyst Control Center, go to:
-> My Digital Flat-Panels
-> LCD Overdrive
- Check Enable LCD Overdrive
- Un-check Enable LCD Overdrive

This issue is definitely with the drivers... they need to fix this ASAP.

JanssenDalt

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Heya mate.

I've been having the same problem. But I found a temporary fix on some other forum.

On the Catalyst Control Center, go to:
-> My Digital Flat-Panels
-> LCD Overdrive
- Check Enable LCD Overdrive
- Un-check Enable LCD Overdrive

This issue is definitely with the drivers... they need to fix this ASAP.

Solution

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Yeah I get the same problem, with a similar set up.

Again, I do the same temporary fix as JanssenDalt.

Catalyst 12.4 doesn't have the issues with me, but I don't think there's a way to get the 12.4 audio drivers with the 12.11 beta drivers for everything else, although I've not looked in to it.

That temporary fix works, until you come out of 3D clock speeds, meaning that you have to do it again afterwards. It's fine in games and on the internet (in my experience).

younus1932

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

guys i have registered just to inform for the solution / fix i got.

SOLUTION as for me ( my problem was : bought 7970 dualx. use LED tv and i got no audio with my HDMI cable)

anyways the solution is .. i uninstalled completely catalyst control and all the amd drivers. and then installed catalyst 12.3 . Now everything is working fine for me.
i got my catalyst 12.3 from filehippo . com

Status
Not open for further replies.