Brent

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an hp officejet d125xi and i was running it on my
old computer fine. it connects through usb. when i plug
it in 2 the usb port it says unknown device--
malfunctioned or something like that with a little yellow
popup thing in the lower right hand corner. I know my usb
port is working. What is wrong and how can i fix it. I
have continually reinstalled the drivers. Thank you

Did you uninstall the printer before reinstalling it?

Did you then reinstall the software BEFORE connecting the printer to the PC?
www.coribright.com

"Brent" <jetfan925@aol.com> wrote in message
>I have an hp officejet d125xi and i was running it on my
> old computer fine. it connects through usb. when i plug
> it in 2 the usb port it says unknown device--
> malfunctioned or something like that with a little yellow
> popup thing in the lower right hand corner. I know my usb
> port is working. What is wrong and how can i fix it. I
> have continually reinstalled the drivers. Thank you

Yes, and i tried to do it like 5 times too.

At this point, disconnect the printer from the PC and blitz all the drivers
as per Bruce Sanderson's article at:

www.coribright.com

> Yes, and i tried to do it like 5 times too.

TRENDING THREADS