Sign in with
Your question

2 graphics cards 1 monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 4, 2012 2:22:21 AM

Hi I am relatively new to graphics cards and don't know a whole lot I have a silent rig and would like to keep it that way. My thoughts on a graphics card was Sapphire Radeon Ultimate HD 7750 1GB DDR5 http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_7750_u.... I only have one monitor and as this card is not crossfire compatible I was wondering if I could run one now and then in the future increase this to two of the same or an different card I don't play many graphics intensive games but am planning something like Dota 2 and some video editing.

To sum up can I have 2 graphics cards running on 1 screen without crossfire and is this the best solution for a quiet moderate gamer with occasional video editing?

More about : graphics cards monitor

a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 2:32:01 AM

are you sure it cant crossfire, cause i saw a "ibuypower" pc with two of them in crossfire
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 2:32:10 AM

no, they must be connected physically for crossfire/sli . Otherwise, the otherone sit idle until another monitor is connected, but still 1 card per 1 monitor
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 2:38:13 AM

not all 7750 have crossfire connectors, so i took his word for it
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 2:42:58 AM

the linked article say it will crossfire over the PCI-E x16 slot, and thus there is no traditionall crossfire connector. I've never heard of this.
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:48:24 AM

I thought it wasn't crossfire because most reviews said it wasn't but am not 100%
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 2:50:34 AM

it looks like everyone is right to an extent and this is a unique situation
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:56:29 AM

So do you think it would be possible to add a second one later if I only used 1 screen?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 3:35:10 AM

that's what your reference site says, and i found a few others who reference that single solitary card as having that feature (no telling if it needs PCI-E 3.0 or a specific chipset), but being new to me, i'd defer to someone with actual experience
m
l
!