Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Possible Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 22, 2012 2:18:17 PM

Need to know what PSU to go with on this build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4 Ghz

GPU: Radeon 7950 HD 3GB

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s

Memory: 2 * 4GB Samsung 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0 GB/s

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: HP 20" 2011X LED 5ms response time 1600*900 reso


I put this together on PCPartpicker and it says the estimated wattage is 374W, I don't know anything about PSUs so can someone give me the link to a cheap PSU that will run this setup? Try not to overkill it, I'm already spending $1180 and my budget is $1000 lol.

Also, do you guys think this rig will run BF3 in ultra with decent frame rate?

More about : gaming build

December 22, 2012 2:39:21 PM

The memory you selected is for laptops. You need to get 240-pin RAM instead.

As for the PSU, the XFX Core Edition 550W would be plenty, and NCIX has a great deal on it right now:
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59615&vpn=P1550SXXB9&m...

That CPU can only be overclocked a little, so you might consider a cheaper motherboard. Or at least step down to the Asrock Z75 Pro3 which is nearly identical to the Z77 Pro3.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P709YI/?tag=pcpapi-20
m
0
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 2:50:16 PM

Sakkura said:
The memory you selected is for laptops. You need to get 240-pin RAM instead.

As for the PSU, the XFX Core Edition 550W would be plenty, and NCIX has a great deal on it right now:
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59615&vpn=P1550SXXB9&m...

That CPU can only be overclocked a little, so you might consider a cheaper motherboard. Or at least step down to the Asrock Z75 Pro3 which is nearly identical to the Z77 Pro3.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P709YI/?tag=pcpapi-20

I just want to make sure, if I downgrade the motherboard, everything will remain compatible right? I'm not sure, I pretty much just watched a video on youtube for a december 2012 $1000 build and that's the mobo he chose, so I went with it. This cheaper mobo will work with this build right? And I'm not planning on overclocking, or I would have went for the i5-3570k.

Also: Is this RAM good? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 2:56:38 PM

austenw23 said:
I just want to make sure, if I downgrade the motherboard, everything will remain compatible right? I'm not sure, I pretty much just watched a video on youtube for a december 2012 $1000 build and that's the mobo he chose, so I went with it. This cheaper mobo will work with this build right? And I'm not planning on overclocking, or I would have went for the i5-3570k.

Also: Is this RAM good? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...



Get this : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tDMm

Cheaper i5-3470, it's the same performance as the cpu you chose, better gfxcard and 1080p ips monitor.

if you can you can change the gfx card for this one too(vs evga) : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:08:26 PM

djangoringo said:
Get this : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tDMm

Cheaper i5-3470, it's the same performance as the cpu you chose, better gfxcard and 1080p ips monitor.

if you can you can change the gfx card for this one too(vs evga) : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Nice. Came all the way to $1350 for me though with shipping + taxes. $350 over budget =/ Hopefully my mom doesn't mind eh, lol. Thanks for taking the time out to help.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:08:44 PM

austenw23 said:
I just want to make sure, if I downgrade the motherboard, everything will remain compatible right? I'm not sure, I pretty much just watched a video on youtube for a december 2012 $1000 build and that's the mobo he chose, so I went with it. This cheaper mobo will work with this build right? And I'm not planning on overclocking, or I would have went for the i5-3570k.

Also: Is this RAM good? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

Yes, it will remain compatible. The difference between the Asrock Z77 Pro3 and the Asrock Z75 Pro3 is tiny. I would recommend the build djangoringo suggested. The Core i5-3470 is slightly slower than the 3570, but the difference is too small to notice. And it's significantly cheaper.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:12:01 PM

austenw23 said:
Nice. Came all the way to $1350 for me though with shipping + taxes. $350 over budget =/ Hopefully my mom doesn't mind eh, lol. Thanks for taking the time out to help.



:o 

But how? the components in the list are all free shipping, and the total even without rebates is 1000$.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:15:16 PM

djangoringo said:
:o 

But how? the components in the list are all free shipping, and the total even without rebates is 1000$.

Live in different places I guess? :p  I'm in Ontario, Canada, and idk if this was necessary, but I just put it all together on a Newegg shopping cart rather than from all various stores since it would just seem a lot less confusing recieving different components on different days throughout the week. I'd rather it all be delivered to me at once if I have to pay like an extra $30. Hey do you think there would be a way to maybe cut $50-100 from that build by downgrading something? I probably won't play BF3 in ultra settings. Might not even play BF3 at all. So maybe a not as powerful GPU?

Games I'll be playing for sure:

CoD4

Runescape (Maximum settings possible)

League of Legends

Minecraft

MAYBEE BF3, but probably won't do ultra settings if it is going to require a more expensive GPU, I can settle for medium or low settings.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:20:50 PM

austenw23 said:
Live in different places I guess? :p  I'm in Ontario, Canada, and idk if this was necessary, but I just put it all together on a Newegg shopping cart rather than from all various stores since it would just seem a lot less confusing recieving different components on different days throughout the week. I'd rather it all be delivered to me at once if I have to pay like an extra $30. Hey do you think there would be a way to maybe cut $50-100 from that build by downgrading something? I probably won't play BF3 in ultra settings. Might not even play BF3 at all. So maybe a not as powerful GPU?

Games I'll be playing for sure:

CoD4

Runescape (Maximum settings possible)

League of Legends

Minecraft

MAYBEE BF3, but probably won't do ultra settings if it is going to require a more expensive GPU, I can settle for medium or low settings.


So you're from canada check this out : http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/tE0S

All from stores from canada.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:22:19 PM

djangoringo said:
So you're from canada check this out : http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/tE0S

All from stores from canada.

Sweet, so is this built about as good as the other? And do you know how long it would take for all this to arrive at my house? This is my first time building my own computer lol.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:31:18 PM

I don't know the exact date, check the sites in question.
As for the build yes, the gfx card has a better cooling, the gigabyte windforce 3x(670gtx), also the asrock z75/h77/z77 is terrible expensive in canada, a good z77 msi mobo is much cheaper, the rest is the same, including a 1080p ips monitor.
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:35:07 PM

djangoringo said:
I don't know the exact date, check the sites in question.
As for the build yes, the gfx card has a better cooling, the gigabyte windforce 3x(670gtx), also the asrock z75/h77/z77 is terrible expensive in canada, a good z77 msi mobo is much cheaper, the rest is the same, including a 1080p ips monitor.

Thanks a ton, hey one last question sorry. Do I have to buy my own software? Or will this have it already? Looking to have Windows 7..
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 3:53:53 PM

Sakkura said:
You'll need to buy Windows yourself.

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/microsoft-os-gfc02050

Yep. All taken care of now thanks. Final cost is $1100. Not too far over which is good. But now I have to go to all of the different websites and actually order the things which is going to take like 30 mins lol. Is there a way to just order that build from PCPartPicker.com to make it faster then going to each website that the items are being sold from?
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 4:04:43 PM

No, you have to buy the components in each website(ncix, directcanada,newegg.ca, canada computers).
m
0
l
December 22, 2012 4:05:52 PM

djangoringo said:
No, you have to buy the components in each website(nicx, directcanada,newegg.ca, canada computers).

Darn it aha. That's ok I guess. Thanks for your help! :D 
m
0
l
!