ragebkd

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hello,

I am working on a custom built computer and it is doing something odd. So when I turned it on the first time I got it I just flipped the PSU power switch and it turned on the computer (without hitting the tower power button). The computer however showed signs of a bad PSU because the fans kept going faster then slower over and over. I tested the PSU and it failed instantly. So I just used a PSU with the same wattage as the original one that I know for a fact works and when I push the power button on the tower nothing happens. No fans turn on or anything but the green light is on for the motherboard. I assume the motherboard is probably toast from the PSU surging but not sure what to do to verify. Any suggestions? Before anyone asks yes the PSU is hooked up properly and I already removed the HD and CD drive from the equation so its just the CPU,PSU,RAM and Mobo.

ragebkd

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the link. Just out of curiosity tho, in your opinion does it sound like the mobo is toast? This machine was working before the PSU went bad and I am guessing the surges is what was causing the computer to start instead of the power button on the tower. Just interested in your opinion.

TRENDING THREADS