Sign in with
Your question

Computer troubles!

Last response: in Systems
December 22, 2012 8:35:33 PM

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with my computer. It will boot up kinda weird at first, it goes to a black screen with a solid white line like it wants to open windows boot manager but then starts loading my OS. The major issue that I am having is that my computer will work for a short amount of time, but then it will just freeze. I am still about to move my mouse around and keyboard still responds but no program will open/move and it sits there for a minute or two, then resumes as if nothing ever went wrong. I have tested everything I could think of. I re-did the OS on the hard disk, changed the wires, checked each ram stick, updated the BIOS. Any ideas/advice would be very helpful

More about : computer troubles

a b B Homebuilt system
December 22, 2012 9:07:39 PM

i dont know if it fits your problem.

it could be your OS is invected with virus, after you re-did OS, it could be invected again because virus could be in your drive D/E and you executed it

your cpu may suffer overheating. please check you temp. normal temp using stock cooler is below 50 celcius
m
l
December 29, 2012 11:13:16 PM

I found out that it was my PSU failing me. I swapped out for an old PSU I had laying around and now it works fine. That is the second power supply that has failed me though. I just have horrible luck with power supplies XD
m
l
!