Building a computer

Basically I'm building a computer from scratch so far i have choose the following components:

Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Performance Memory

Seagate 3TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive

Corsair TX 750W V2 PSU - 80plus Bronze Certified

EVGA GTX 650 Ti SuperSuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card

Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache

are they compatible?

and I'm stuck between the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and the MSI Z77A-G43 Z77.

And I have £1000 to spend on components and case + extras. I'll be using it for gaming and game development.

If you have any improvement suggestions please let me know.
5 answers Last reply
More about building computer
  1. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. Question(s)
    How many monitors are you going to run and at what resolution? If you are 'serious' about doing development 2 monitors would be advisable.

A 750Watt Power supply is way overkill for a GTX 650 ti Super Clocked or not.

I think the power supply is over powered and the Video card is somewhat underpowered.

I see where you could save some money and reinvest the savings in to hardware with better bottom line results.

Go with a Core i5 3570. It will be just as fast or faster in gaming than an I7 and will save you a good amount.

Drop the 750 Watt Power Supply and go with a 600 or 650 Watt unit. That should save you some more.

With the savings get an HD 7870 or GTX 660ti videocard.

Far as as a motherboard I would go with ASROCK over MSI
  3. Basically I'm building a computer from scratch so far i have choose the following components:

EVGA GTX 650 Ti SuperSuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card

are they compatible?

And I have £1000 to spend on components and case + extras. I'll be using it for gaming and game development.

(p.s it would allow me to choose any other sub -cat)
  4. ArticSair said:
    Basically I'm building a computer from scratch so far i have choose the following components:

are they compatible?

(p.s it would allow me to choose any other sub -cat)

This is what I would recommend: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/tHFK I just put the 400r because I'm a corsair fanboy but yea.. I dont really care what case you get aha
  5. If you want to speed up the system I'd add in a Kingston 3k hyperX SSD the 150GB flavor goes for about $120 CAN
Ask a new question

Read More

eMachines Computer Computers