Sign in with
Your question

What PSU for this system?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 22, 2012 10:12:54 PM

I'm looking to put together the following system but I'm having difficulty with what PSU to buy. I know of the dangers of "going cheap" with PSUs but I don't want to spend too much money (under £70 for PSU if possible). I'm also unsure of what wattage to go for:

CPU - AMD fx-8350 8 core 4.0 Ghz
GPU - GTX 550ti
Motherboard - ASUS M5A78L-M
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1440x900 monitor
1TB HDD
128GB SSD

And the usual CD/DVD drive, a few flight sim USB peripherals.

Thanks!!

P.S I don't want to see anyone typing "You should have gone intel with the cpu... they're better" that's not the question :)  I'm a budget man!

More about : psu system

December 23, 2012 11:24:43 AM

djangoringo said:
Get this : http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupp...

Also what is your total budget ? Are you sure that's(the fx-8350) the best for your money ?

I can get the CPU, mobo and RAM for £240, the GPU I already have. So I really only need a PSU at this stage. the FX-8350 is what I need (video processing etc) and fits my ideal minimal spending costs. Would 550W definitely be enough because AMD's do draw twice the power of their intel counterparts. I just want to be 100% sure. Thanks :) 
December 23, 2012 11:42:58 AM

DavidMack said:
I can get the CPU, mobo and RAM for £240, the GPU I already have. So I really only need a PSU at this stage. the FX-8350 is what I need (video processing etc) and fits my ideal minimal spending costs. Would 550W definitely be enough because AMD's do draw twice the power of their intel counterparts. I just want to be 100% sure. Thanks :) 

Yes 550w will be plenty for that system.
!