6230 memory problem:

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
February 2, 2005 1:50:17 PM

I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free space
(from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus - MemoryCard -
it says 512MB...???
where is the problem?

I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no success...

More about : 6230 memory problem

Anonymous
a b } Memory
February 2, 2005 4:40:06 PM

dj Hand-X wrote:
> I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free space
> (from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
> BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus - MemoryCard -
> it says 512MB...???
> where is the problem?
>
> I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no success...

It's a known issue about N6230's firmware.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
February 2, 2005 5:41:35 PM

what to do? firmware upgrade?

"Guylo" <kenada@chez.com> wrote in message

> dj Hand-X wrote:
> > I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free
space
> > (from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
> > BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus -
MemoryCard -
> > it says 512MB...???
> > where is the problem?
> >
> > I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no success...
> >

> It's a known issue about N6230's firmware.
a b } Memory
February 2, 2005 6:27:55 PM

dj Hand-X wrote:
> what to do? firmware upgrade?

AFAIK v4.44 is the latest firmware and it may help... Check the firmware
of your 6230.

>>dj Hand-X wrote:
>>
>>>I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free
>
> space
>
>>>(from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
>>>BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus -
>
> MemoryCard -
>
>>>it says 512MB...???
>>>where is the problem?
>>>
>>>I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no success...
>>>

>>It's a known issue about N6230's firmware.

Anonymous
a b } Memory
February 2, 2005 10:22:14 PM

"dj Hand-X" <REMOVEzlocesto_dijete@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free
> space (from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
> BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus -
> MemoryCard - it says 512MB...???
> where is the problem?
>
> I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no
> success...

Sloppy coding, and v4.44 does not fix it.

--
sA
!