6230 memory problem:

I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free space
(from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus - MemoryCard -
it says 512MB...???
where is the problem?

I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no success...
4 answers Last reply
More about 6230 memory problem

    dj Hand-X wrote:
    > I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free space
    > (from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
    > BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus - MemoryCard -
    > it says 512MB...???
    > where is the problem?
    >
    > I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no success...

    It's a known issue about N6230's firmware.

    what to do? firmware upgrade?

    dj Hand-X wrote:
    > what to do? firmware upgrade?

    AFAIK v4.44 is the latest firmware and it may help... Check the firmware
    of your 6230.

    "dj Hand-X" <REMOVEzlocesto_dijete@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

    > I've bought a MMC memory card (512mb) BUT, when going to check a free
    > space (from gallery menu) - it says 79.8mb !!!
    > BUT when going to see Settings - PhoneSettings - MemoryStatus -
    > MemoryCard - it says 512MB...???
    > where is the problem?
    >
    > I've tried to format a memory card several times but with no
    > success...

    Sloppy coding, and v4.44 does not fix it.

    --
    sA

Nokia Memory Card Memory