Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading PC

Last response: in Systems
December 22, 2012 10:44:52 PM

Alright well since its the holidays (boxing week) I've been having so problems figuring out what I'm going to "upgrade". Well heres my system: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tGVy I have about $250. Thanks!

More about : upgrading

December 22, 2012 11:01:10 PM

Why do you want to upgrade? Is it for gaming, general performance boost, etc? If gaming, then upgrade your graphics card. If general performance, maybe an SSD.

Edit: I meant to say that your system doesn't look like it needs any real upgrade if you're happy with it. Maybe a bigger monitor?
m
l
December 22, 2012 11:10:39 PM

johnsonjohnson said:
Why do you want to upgrade? Is it for gaming, general performance boost, etc? If gaming, then upgrade your graphics card. If general performance, maybe an SSD.

Edit: I meant to say that your system doesn't look like it needs any real upgrade if you're happy with it. Maybe a bigger monitor?

Yea its for gaming. Its more like I have about $150 in gift cards to this computer shop so I'm just going to put the rest of that money to get something computer related from there. I completely forgot to mention probably due to it being my newest upgrade but I have a 120gb Kingston 3k HyperX SSD. D'you really think I should upgrade the graphics card? I thought maybe the new monitor but I might get that for Christmas so if you could I'd like a few options. Maybe an H100i? to boost up my overclock. Maybe a new keyboard? Just bouncing ideas off aha. What d'you think?
m
l
December 22, 2012 11:22:32 PM

If it's for gaming and you really want to spend money on something, then the graphics card. My opinion is to sell your HD 7850 if you can then buy a HD 7870 or GTX 660 and a new monitor with it. It's better than boosting your overclock with an unnecessary water cooler. If there's any money left, I personally would rather go with a new keyboard.

Edit: Overclocking your graphics card will yield more performance in games than squeezing a few more MHz out of your CPU with that water cooler. Your air cooler is sufficient for this task.
m
l
!