Need help badly. Laptop/desktops

Mike1298

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hi. I ordered a Valkyrie cz-17 off Ibuypower for around $1550. Specs are below.

1 x Case Valkyrie CZ-17 17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 LED-Backlit Display Laptop w/HDMI Port, E-SATA, USB 3.0, Illuminated Keyboard, Li-Ion Battery, Universal AC Power Adapter - Original Metallic black 1 x Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Mobile Processor (4x 2.4GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

1 x Memory 8GB [4GB x 2] 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM [Laptop Memory] - Corsair or Major Brand **FREE Upgrade to 8GB [8GB x 1] DDR3-1600 G.Skill** 1 x Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 4GB GDDR5 Video w/NVIDIA Optimus [CZ-17] 1 x Primary Hard Drive 180 GB Intel 330 SSD - Single Drive *FREE Upgrade from 60GB Intel 330 after MIR* 1 x Data Hard Drive 750 GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive 1 x Optical Drive 6X Blu-Ray-R/8x Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + 24x CD-R/RW Combo Drive [CZ-17] 1 x Flash Media Reader /Writer Built-in 4-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer [Laptop] 1 x Sound Card HD Audio with THX TrueStudio Pro 1 x Network Card Killer E2200 Gaming Networking 1 x Internal Wireless Network Adapter Intel Ultimate-N 6300 802.11 a/b/g/n 450Mbps Dual-Band Wi-Fi 1 x Operating System Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] - 64-bit 1 x Mouse iBUYPOWER Precision Gaming Mouse - Midnight Black 1 x USB Ports Built-in 2x USB 2.0 Ports + 3x USB 3.0 Port [Laptop] 0 x Carrying Case None 1 x Video Camera Built-in 3.0 Mega Pixels Digital Web Video Camera 1 x Warranty Standard Warranty Service - Standard One(1) Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support

1 x Rush Service Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - Deferred Delivery (Ship Out in 15 ~ 20 Business Days) -5% OFF on systems over $999 (Coupon Code: defer)

I was going to get this laptop for a mix of things. Plan on starting online college and needed the portability as I only have dial up at home, maybe getting dish internet if we are able to. But I also wanted to be able to play high end games on high settings. That is why I chose the valkyrie, but I have read mixed reviews about ibuypower. Also being able to take my laptop to work or anywhere with wifi so I can update and patch my games, can't do that with a desktop at my house.

So here comes the questions. Should I go with the valkyrie? Reliable, fast? Or should I cancel the order?Is it possible if I get a gaming desktop, no internet connection at my house, to update games if I get a laptop and download the patch onto a disk, then bring the disk to my desktop?

If I can somehow put game updates/dlc/patches onto a disk with a laptop and bring them to my desktop I would gladly grab a cheaper laptop and pay for a desktop.

I would love a desktop as it would last longer and I can replace parts, but the lack of internet at the moment sucks. I like to update games and ftt dlc. If that isn't possible to put on a disk sonehow, then I have no clue what to do. Will dish satellite internet be good for downloading games and patches, etc?

Mike1298

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Ugh... Even if I get satellite internet they cap at 5gb, 10gb, or 15gb. No point in that, I can't use steam or anything.... So it seems like the laptop will be the only way to go. Read that transporting dlc will need me to verify it with an internet connection.

Anyone know if the valkyrie is reliable?

Mike1298

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Can't get cable internet here. Only ones we can get are satellite, which I hear are a nightmare. I am curious if the valkyrie I ordered will last me and do well. I hear horror stories about Ibuypower, but also heard great reviews as well. Kind of scared me reading them.

loresr97

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Well it looks like a great laptop, but if you ever get any problem you have a warranty which you can extend if you want to. The problem might be if you live in a place far from the factory, where shipping the laptop might be really expensive. But I think it won't have problems as I have a friend in Central America who bought an Ibuypower but a desktop and has never had problems in 1 year and a half.