Network Problem in my company.

Chirag Borawake

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hello guys,
I had a question. But before that, I need to describe the whole scenario in my company to make you guys understand about it.

I work in a Design Studio in India. There is a network connection, a strong internet connection from which we can access the internet.
Its bandwidth is powerful enough to handle 15 terminals at a time, and it does really well.
Recently one intern started practicing in our company.
He keeps on downloading stuff, useless larger files like movies and games, does online chatting while working hours.
The issue is, there are some people who really work, and want to finish the given projects before the deadline.
When we try attaching the finished files to the mail, that are hardly 20MB to 25MB, that takes about an hour, or more than that.
We tried telling that guy not to download anything during working hours, or stop chatting, because it eats up the whole bandwidth speed.

So this is the scenario, and the kid is so arrogant that he doesn't seem to be stopping that. When asked by the senior, he says 'NO'. Its his personal computer, so we cant even check that if he really isnt downloading.
Is there any possible way to disconnect his Internet connection from the other computer on the server, works even if it is possible for some time.
I know the IP address, Internet Gateway of that kid's computer.
Can anything be done from my Pc to disconnect his internet connection for a while, or forever?
Please help, because this is getting on my nerves..!! Any reply would be appreciated, even if there's any software which can do that, I would be glad.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Like what mitchell3405 said I would just block his mac address and be done with it. Some routers you can set times when it will block it.

If you want to have some fun with it and if your router supports it you could change DNS names around. and make all of the sight he goes to go some where else.

I know the IP address, Internet Gateway of that kid's computer.
Can anything be done from my Pc to disconnect his internet connection for a while, or forever?

Shut down or re-boot his computer from your computer:

Since it's an arrogant kid, and he's playing games and what-not, his firewall is likely off. The door of opportunity is open since he's on the same side of the router as you...

1. Open Computer Management (Local) ::Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management

2. At the top of the console tree, right-click "Computer Management (Local)", and then click "Connect to another computer."

3. In the Select Computer dialog box, click Another computer, type the name of his computer, and then click OK. (You can also click Browse to search for the name of his computer.)

4. In the console tree, right-click Computer Management (his computer name), and then click Properties.

5. On the Advanced tab, click Startup and Recovery.

6. Click the Shut Down button to open the Shut Down dialog box.

7. Under Action, select the actions you want to perform on his computer. (Shut Down)

8. Under Force Apps Closed, select the circumstances under which you want to force applications to close when you shut down or restart his computer, and then click OK.

When his computer goes down sit there and think to yourself "Who's your daddy?" :lol:

You could just keep shutting his computer off remotely... forever :sol:

BTW... You have a PM (Private Message) with better tricks.

Chirag Borawake

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

hey. thats interesting. but how can I do the same in windows 7?

I don't know. They only gave me a gold star in XP.

I could guess it should be quite similar.

I have one even better ... immune from restore point rollbacks or even a "repair" install. :D

I'll need to get a mod to approve it though and I doubt they'll go for it.

Chirag Borawake

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

hey, I got the option, tried entering that PC.
At first, it asks me the "Computer name"
Then it asks me the "Username and Password" of that computer.
Then when I enter the same, it refuses to log in, saying that it couldnt find the computer.
I am sure its connected to the server, internet is ON, and I can logIN in that computer using the username and password that I know, but it doesnt happen remotely.
Is it necessary that some of its drive must be Shared on the network?

No. I've practiced this and the only thing that stops it for me is the Windows firewall or another one that blocks all incoming connections.

Try the other method you got in a PM.

Chirag Borawake

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

Sorry for this stupid question again, but how can i see the private messages so called 'PM'? I cant find a link to it.