Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

leaving card reader connected to USB?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:06:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.

I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
"Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 

Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
and it works. Fine so far.

If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
has to be the USB Mass Storage.

I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
no issues with them.

If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?

Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:06:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:06:32 GMT, Wayne <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

>I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
>It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
>permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
>then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
>
>I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
>"Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
>hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
>Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 
>
>Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
>is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
>and it works. Fine so far.
>
>If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
>disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
>again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
>but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
>has to be the USB Mass Storage.
>
>I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
>hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
>no issues with them.
>
>If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
>I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
>remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
>caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
>I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?
>
>Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
>and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?

Open up Explorer (a.k.a. 'My Computer', not IE), right-click on the drive
(quite often identified as 'Removable Disk'), select 'Eject', remove card.

I do it all the time with my Lexar multi-card reader.
May 30, 2005 5:06:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Richard Hempsey wrote:

>
> Open up Explorer (a.k.a. 'My Computer', not IE), right-click on the drive
> (quite often identified as 'Removable Disk'), select 'Eject', remove card.
>


Thanx!

--

Stacey
Related resources
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:14:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:06:32 GMT, Wayne <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

>I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
>It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
>permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
>then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.

If you had a Mac you would have that problem. Just leave it plugged
and eject the card and put in the next card.


**************************************************************

"There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe
that war will cease to exist in the future. As man has become
increasingly civilized, his means of destroying his fellow man
have become ever more efficient, cruel and devastating.
Is it possible to put an end to a form of human behavior which
has existed throughout history by means of photography?
The proportions of that notion seem ridiculously out of balance.
Yet, that very idea has motivated me.

James Nachtwey
War Photographer
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:14:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <e5qk91d9gp22mhogggemr37ek9sg56ihm4@4ax.com>,
John A. Stovall <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:

> If you had a Mac you would have that problem.

Uh, how about, "If you had a Mac you would NOT have that problem."?

> Just leave it plugged and eject the card and put in the next card.

On my G4, I just leave my Lexar CF reader (USB 2.0) plugged-IN and swap cards
as needed. No flaming hoops to jump through. It just works.

So, of course, the OP simply needs to scrap his peecee and all its software
and buy a Mac. Yep. That should do it.

<big grin>
JR
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:56:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:28:11 -0500, Jim Redelfs
<jim.redelfs@redelfs.com> wrote:

>In article <e5qk91d9gp22mhogggemr37ek9sg56ihm4@4ax.com>,
> John A. Stovall <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> If you had a Mac you would have that problem.
>
>Uh, how about, "If you had a Mac you would NOT have that problem."?

Damn PC Keyboard wrote what I typed not what I meant.

>
>> Just leave it plugged and eject the card and put in the next card.
>
>On my G4, I just leave my Lexar CF reader (USB 2.0) plugged-IN and swap cards
>as needed. No flaming hoops to jump through. It just works.
>
>So, of course, the OP simply needs to scrap his peecee and all its software
>and buy a Mac. Yep. That should do it.
>
> <big grin>
>JR

**************************************************************

"There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe
that war will cease to exist in the future. As man has become
increasingly civilized, his means of destroying his fellow man
have become ever more efficient, cruel and devastating.
Is it possible to put an end to a form of human behavior which
has existed throughout history by means of photography?
The proportions of that notion seem ridiculously out of balance.
Yet, that very idea has motivated me.

James Nachtwey
War Photographer
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 6:29:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Wayne" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:sGtme.3743$vK5.3101@trnddc03...
>I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
> It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
> permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
> then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
>
> I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
> "Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
> hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
> Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 
>
> Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
> is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
> and it works. Fine so far.
>
> If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
> disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
> again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
> but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
> has to be the USB Mass Storage.
>
> I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
> hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
> no issues with them.
>
> If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
> I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
> remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
> caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
> I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?
>
> Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
> and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?
>

Wait until the light stops flashing and pop out the card. No big deal.

Tom
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 6:58:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <2rtk911g9aedcni80mmm3j7bek33jhspvm@news.supernews.com>,
rkhphoto@gmail.NOSPAM.com says...

>Open up Explorer (a.k.a. 'My Computer', not IE), right-click on the drive
>(quite often identified as 'Removable Disk'), select 'Eject', remove card.
>
>I do it all the time with my Lexar multi-card reader.


Thanks Richard. I didnt even realize that was there. Not sure how its
different than unplugging it, but I like it.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 6:55:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Sunday 29 May 2005 18:14, John A. Stovall wrote:

> On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:06:32 GMT, Wayne <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
>>It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
>>permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
>>then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
>
> If you had a Mac you would have that problem. Just leave it plugged
^
NOT
> and eject the card and put in the next card.

Or if you had a PC running GNU/Linux...

--
Stefan Patric
NoLife Polymath Group
tootek2@yahoo.com
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 7:17:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Wayne" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:sGtme.3743$vK5.3101@trnddc03...
>I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
> It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
> permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
> then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
>
> I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
> "Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
> hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
> Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 
>
> Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
> is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
> and it works. Fine so far.
>
> If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
> disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
> again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
> but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
> has to be the USB Mass Storage.
>
> I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
> hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
> no issues with them.
>
> If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
> I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
> remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
> caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
> I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?
>
> Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
> and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?

I'm always forgetting to use the eject hardware and just pop my cards in and
out. No problems -- yet. I just make sure the card is not reading or
writing when I do this, and that there are no critical images on the card
and nowhere else.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:33:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <lXMme.1399$4p.1334@fed1read03>, Stefan Patric
<writeme@addressbelow.com> wrote:

> Or if you had a PC running GNU/Linux...

Then you'd be a real loser...
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:53:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Sheldon wrote:
> "Wayne" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
> news:sGtme.3743$vK5.3101@trnddc03...
> >I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
> > It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
> > permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
> > then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
> >
> > I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
> > "Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
> > hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
> > Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 
> >
> > Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
> > is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
> > and it works. Fine so far.
> >
> > If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
> > disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
> > again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
> > but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
> > has to be the USB Mass Storage.
> >
> > I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
> > hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
> > no issues with them.
> >
> > If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
> > I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
> > remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
> > caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
> > I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?
> >
> > Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
> > and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?
>
> I'm always forgetting to use the eject hardware and just pop my cards in and
> out. No problems -- yet. I just make sure the card is not reading or
> writing when I do this, and that there are no critical images on the card
> and nowhere else.

Same thing I do, and that I've been doing since I bought this computer
two years ago. Plugged in the card reader. Plug the cards into the
reader, check them, move what I want, delete what I don't, pull the
card out and slam it back in the camera. No problems at all.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:56:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Charlie Self wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > "Wayne" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
> > news:sGtme.3743$vK5.3101@trnddc03...
> > >I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
> > > It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
> > > permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
> > > then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
> > >
> > > I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
> > > "Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
> > > hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
> > > Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 
> > >
> > > Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
> > > is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
> > > and it works. Fine so far.
> > >
> > > If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
> > > disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
> > > again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
> > > but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
> > > has to be the USB Mass Storage.
> > >
> > > I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
> > > hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
> > > no issues with them.
> > >
> > > If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
> > > I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
> > > remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
> > > caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
> > > I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?
> > >
> > > Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
> > > and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?
> >
> > I'm always forgetting to use the eject hardware and just pop my cards in and
> > out. No problems -- yet. I just make sure the card is not reading or
> > writing when I do this, and that there are no critical images on the card
> > and nowhere else.
>
> Same thing I do, and that I've been doing since I bought this computer
> two years ago. Plugged in the card reader. Plug the cards into the
> reader, check them, move what I want, delete what I don't, pull the
> card out and slam it back in the camera. No problems at all.

Oh, yeah. Pentium IV, 3 gig, running XP Pro.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 1:41:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:06:32 GMT, the cup of Wayne <nospam@invalid.com>
overfloweth with the following:

> I have a new Lexar 2.0 compactflash card reader and 1GB card.
> It all works fine, except I had hoped I could leave the card reader
> permanently connected, and just plug the card in and out. But if so,
> then I cannot use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool.
>
> I can connect just the empty reader, and get the USB beep, and see the
> "Safely Remove Hardware" toolbar icon appear. It shows there as
> hardware: USB Mass Storage Device, with a subitem Lexas Media CD USB
> Device, with its subitem Generic Volume (I:) 
>
> Then I can plug in the card, and there is not another beep, but the card
> is seen, because the program immediately appears to fetch the card data,
> and it works. Fine so far.
>
> If I unload the USB Mass Storage Device (safe disconnect), then it all
> disappears. Plugging the card in again is not seen. To be seen
> again, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable, which works fine,
> but which I'd rather not do. I cant "safe disconnect" just the card, it
> has to be the USB Mass Storage.
>
> I guess I acquired the notion I needed to use the "Safely remove
> hardware" tool because of other non-removable USB memory devices I have,
> no issues with them.
>
> If I dont ever do the safe disconnect, then it works as I'd like.
> I can plug the card in and out, and it is seen each time. The (safely
> remove) Properties says "Optimized for quick removal", with write
> caching disabled (which would seem to be the entire point).
> I'm thinking this all sounds reasonable?
>
> Is there anything I'm missing? Any better way to unplug just the card
> and leave the reader connected for next card insertion?

Try right-clicking the drive with the card in and choosing "Eject".

Stan
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:15:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <300520051733242656%rag@nospam.techline.com>,
Randall Ainsworth <rag@nospam.techline.com> wrote:
>In article <lXMme.1399$4p.1334@fed1read03>, Stefan Patric
><writeme@addressbelow.com> wrote:
>
>> Or if you had a PC running GNU/Linux...
>
>Then you'd be a real loser...

Oh yes -- all those viruses attacking every day. Yes, a real
loser. :-)

Any particular reason for this uncalled for jab?

DoN.
--
Email: <dnichols@d-and-d.com> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. | http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html
--- Black Holes are where God is dividing by zero ---
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:15:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <d7ik6b$e70$1@Fuego.d-and-d.com>, DoN. Nichols
<dnichols@d-and-d.com> wrote:

> Oh yes -- all those viruses attacking every day. Yes, a real
> loser. :-)

Not on my Macs...

> Any particular reason for this uncalled for jab?

My experience has been that Linux devotees are blinded by their hatred
for Microsoft and entertain bizarre dreams where Linux overtakes
Windows. They want Linux running on everything the own...the
refrigerator...the microwave...you name it.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:44:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <310520051447529294%rag@nospam.techline.com>,
Randall Ainsworth <rag@nospam.techline.com> wrote:
>In article <d7ik6b$e70$1@Fuego.d-and-d.com>, DoN. Nichols
><dnichols@d-and-d.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh yes -- all those viruses attacking every day. Yes, a real
>> loser. :-)
>
>Not on my Macs...

In which case, you are running some form of unix (hidden under
the GUI) -- at least if you are running OS-X.

>> Any particular reason for this uncalled for jab?
>
>My experience has been that Linux devotees are blinded by their hatred
>for Microsoft and entertain bizarre dreams where Linux overtakes
>Windows. They want Linux running on everything the own...the
>refrigerator...the microwave...you name it.

Hmm ... the only system which I run linux on is one which needs
a real-time patched version of linux as the underpinnings for a CNC
machine controller.

However, I do run a lot of Sun's Solaris (and one SunOs 4.1.4
still), plus several versions of OpenBSD.

And while I don't *hate* Microsoft -- I certainly do not want
to use their products when other choices are available. (My first
version of BASIC on my first computer was from Microsoft -- long before
MS-DOS/PC-DOS. Most later software was from other sources -- including
what I wrote myself.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: <dnichols@d-and-d.com> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. | http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html
--- Black Holes are where God is dividing by zero ---
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 2:37:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> In article <d7ik6b$e70$1@Fuego.d-and-d.com>, DoN. Nichols
> <dnichols@d-and-d.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh yes -- all those viruses attacking every day. Yes, a real
>> loser. :-)
>
> Not on my Macs...
>
>> Any particular reason for this uncalled for jab?
>
> My experience has been that Linux devotees are blinded by their hatred
> for Microsoft and entertain bizarre dreams where Linux overtakes
> Windows. They want Linux running on everything the own...the
> refrigerator...the microwave...you name it.

I used to have that dream with my Amiga.

Sigh...

Bob ^,,^
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 11:27:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 22:37, Bob Harrington wrote:

> Randall Ainsworth wrote:
>> In article <d7ik6b$e70$1@Fuego.d-and-d.com>, DoN. Nichols
>> <dnichols@d-and-d.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh yes -- all those viruses attacking every day. Yes, a real
>>> loser. :-)
>>
>> Not on my Macs...
>>
>>> Any particular reason for this uncalled for jab?
>>
>> My experience has been that Linux devotees are blinded by their
>> hatred for Microsoft and entertain bizarre dreams where Linux
>> overtakes Windows. They want Linux running on everything the
>> own...the refrigerator...the microwave...you name it.

Actually, Linux IS running on refrigerators, microwaves, ranges, PDAs,
and certain models of BMWs (Yes, the car.) as an embedded OS.

And, FWIW, GNU/Linux is persistently and consistently eating away, a
percentage point or two per year, at Microsoft's share of the server
market. It's enough that it's got Microsoft worried. Well, not
worried. Concerned. At least, so report computer business analysts.

Will Linux overtake Windows in the home market? Not a chance. In the
business market? Possibly. No, you say. Well consider this: Today's
Macs are 100% Linux powered. (Well, FreeBSD really.) What's good for
the goose is good for the gander.

> I used to have that dream with my Amiga.

Great machine. 10 years ahead of its time. Got my first one about '88.
Amiga 500. No hard drive. 1MB (Yes! MEGABYTE...) RAM. Ran completely
off floppies. Multi-app, simultaneous multiple resolution screens,
pre-emptive multitasking, when all PCs could do was run ONE DOS app at
a time on a text-only screen. (Windows 1.0 was still a couple years
away.) Oh, well... Fond memories.

--
Stefan Patric
Former Amiga User. Currently, Linux User.
NoLife Polymath Group
tootek2@yahoo.com
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 8:21:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:27:03 -0700, Stefan Patric
<writeme@addressbelow.com> wrote:
>
> Will Linux overtake Windows in the home market? Not a chance. In the
> business market? Possibly. No, you say. Well consider this: Today's
> Macs are 100% Linux powered. (Well, FreeBSD really.)

Nonsense. Darwin borrows heavily from FreeBSD, but not "100%".
And Mac OS X is a lot more than Darwin.

--
Ben Rosengart (212) 741-4400 x215
Sometimes it only makes sense to focus our attention on those
questions that are equal parts trivial and intriguing.
--Josh Micah Marshall
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 9:56:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Stefan Patric <writeme@addressbelow.com> wrote:

> Will Linux overtake Windows in the home market? Not a chance. In the
> business market? Possibly. No, you say. Well consider this: Today's
> Macs are 100% Linux powered. (Well, FreeBSD really.)

Linux and FreeBSD are two completely different things. It would be just
as accurate to say "Today's Macs are 100% Windows powered (Well, FreeBSD
really)."

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com
!