BF2 Demo: Slow MP + Where Do I find Ammo?

Last response: in Video Games
July 2, 2005 2:53:13 PM

I'm trying out the BF2 demo and having fun - in single player though.
Here's my specs:

2400+ Athlon
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
1.25 GB DDR memory
2MB cable broadband

I'm playing the game in 800x600, medium settings, AA turned on, and
it's pretty smooth. However, when I try to play in multiplayer, even
with sites of only 50 ping, the experience is unplayably jerky. Any
ideas why?

Also, this may be a silly question, but: when I run out of ammo, where
do i find it? In BF1942, there were ammo bins at the flags, but I can't
find anything similar in BF2.

Cheers,

P.
July 2, 2005 11:14:56 PM

On 2 Jul 2005 10:53:13 -0700, "oceanclub" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm trying out the BF2 demo and having fun - in single player though.
>Here's my specs:
>
>2400+ Athlon
>Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
>1.25 GB DDR memory
>2MB cable broadband
>
>I'm playing the game in 800x600, medium settings, AA turned on, and
>it's pretty smooth. However, when I try to play in multiplayer, even
>with sites of only 50 ping, the experience is unplayably jerky. Any
>ideas why?
>
>Also, this may be a silly question, but: when I run out of ammo, where
>do i find it? In BF1942, there were ammo bins at the flags, but I can't
>find anything similar in BF2.
>
>Cheers,
>
>P.

You really wanna read the game material, Health and Ammo are provided
from other soldier classes 'medic' and 'support', call to you using
radio 'ammo' or 'health', any unit of this class can supply you or
they will flash on the map showing appropriate icon, also air drop
crates will heal and re-supply you

\Solidus
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:17:23 PM

"oceanclub" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
when I try to play in multiplayer, even
> with sites of only 50 ping, the experience is unplayably jerky. Any
> ideas why?

Could be lots of things, but the first is to download pbweb.exe from
www.evenbalance.com and do a manual punkbuster update.

> Also, this may be a silly question, but: when I run out of ammo, where
> do i find it? In BF1942, there were ammo bins at the flags, but I can't
> find anything similar in BF2.

Three ways to get ammo:

1. Ask or Be the commander and drop supplies on you position
2. Play support and drop yourself some ammo, or ask for ammo from other
support players
3. When you kill someone and you are nearly out of ammo pick up their kit.

L.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 4:42:29 AM

oceanclub wrote:

> I'm trying out the BF2 demo and having fun - in single player though.
> Here's my specs:
>
> 2400+ Athlon
> Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
> 1.25 GB DDR memory
> 2MB cable broadband
>
> I'm playing the game in 800x600, medium settings, AA turned on, and
> it's pretty smooth. However, when I try to play in multiplayer, even
> with sites of only 50 ping, the experience is unplayably jerky. Any
> ideas why?

It seems that 128 Mb graphic cards have some problems with BF2. I had
the problem, that if I turned the viewpoint around fast, the game would
jerk. Somewhere I read some advice saying to "raise the AGP Aperture
size (a BIOS setting)". I tried it, and the graphics got smoother. (It's
something about how much system memory the graphics card is allowed to
map to, useful for handling memory heavy detailed textures and stuff).
This might also apply to your problems. Currently I run BF2 in 1024*768
(medium settings), with a FX5900XT graphics card, which is less
powerfull than yours.

Also, klll unnecessary process, and virusprotection.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
July 3, 2005 4:44:32 AM

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

> "oceanclub" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when I try to play in multiplayer, even
>> with sites of only 50 ping, the experience is unplayably jerky. Any
>> ideas why?
>
> Could be lots of things, but the first is to download pbweb.exe from
> www.evenbalance.com and do a manual punkbuster update.
>
>> Also, this may be a silly question, but: when I run out of ammo, where
>> do i find it? In BF1942, there were ammo bins at the flags, but I can't
>> find anything similar in BF2.
>
> Three ways to get ammo:
>
> 1. Ask or Be the commander and drop supplies on you position
> 2. Play support and drop yourself some ammo, or ask for ammo from other
> support players
> 3. When you kill someone and you are nearly out of ammo pick up their kit.
>
> L.

Or play a Squad Leader (Activate by selecting a squad at the soldier Kit
selection screen) and request supply drop by clicking the Caps Lock key to
bring up the command map screen. Then right click where you want the
supplies on the map and select Supply Drop from the pop up list. In single
player you usually get the supplies you request, but in multiplayer it
depends on if the Commander accepts the request.

You can also press the G key and swap your Kit with one left on the ground
by a dead soldier, but they might have been out of ammo also.
!