Sign in with
Your question

Changed graphics card, audio buzzy and distorted

Last response: in Systems
December 23, 2012 2:47:18 AM

Hello

I've changed my gtx 580 with an Asus gtx680. When i turned on my computer i directly noticed a weard buzzing sound constantly on. But the most noticeable thing is that the sound is really distorted and simply too loud when i play music or watch video clips. First i thought that the gtx 680 was behind all this so i changed back to the 580 but the problem didn't go away. I also reinstalled the audio drivers but that was sadly not the solution.

I read somewhere that the sound card can be interrupted by other components. I am not an expert on this and i would really appreciate your help.

December 23, 2012 8:53:26 AM

try plugging your audio system directly to the motherboard in the back of your pc or where ever your audio ports are and tell me if you still here the sound.
December 23, 2012 12:32:09 PM

It's the same, both on the front and the back. The only difference is that the buzzing sound is stronger in the front audio port.
Related resources
December 23, 2012 9:54:36 PM

are you sure its not just your stereo?? try another sound system just to c if maybe its that. its always good to check :) 
December 24, 2012 1:01:56 AM

Forgot to mention that i only use headphones, no speakers. Maybe it's the headphones that are acting wierd. I will try different ones and see if it that fixes the issue.
December 24, 2012 1:12:42 AM

yah i would advise that cuz thats most likely your problem
December 24, 2012 6:11:59 PM

I've just tried different headphones and the distortion was still there. I really hoped that this was the solution, but sadly that was not it. Back to the drawing board again. :( 
December 24, 2012 6:15:23 PM

When you installed the GPU did you by chance damage a built in audio transistor? just an idea.
!